|RESTORATION| Chapter: 45 Training

A/N:
Hey everyone. I'm finally back with another chapter. Not as much art to show this time. But I made a new cover for the story.

 But I made a new cover for the story

As well as a design for AJ.

He does look a bit older and taller in the image because I'm not very good at drawing kids

He does look a bit older and taller in the image because I'm not very good at drawing kids. Let's just say this is an older version of him, maybe around Y\N's age when he first got the serum. Maybe a bit older. Like 12 or 13. Anyway's, enjoy the chapter!

We find ourselves in the not so distant past. We see the same underground facility that created Calvin, the rouge super soldier. Doctor Vince is working on his version of the pqt47c super soldier serum. As he's working on it, his partner, Samuel, is right behind him trying to isolate the necessary compounds.
"You know we're not gonna be able to include the natural sedative into the serum. So whoever takes it will have to feel the full effects of the genetic mutation." Samuel said to Vince.
"I'm well aware. Shouldn't be a problem. They'll live." Vince replied.
"So heartless, as always. Anyways, I've isolated the compounds for you. Now it's up to you to mix them." Samuel explained.
"Hand them over." Vince replied. Samuel did so, wearing protective gloves and goggles. Vince carefully grabbed them with some tongs and poured each individual vial into a slightly larger vial. Once he mixed them, he stepped back a bit and watched. Samuel watched as well as the vial seemed normal for a bit. But then it slowly started to glow blue.
"It worked." Vince said.
"It did? Is that what the glowing means?" Samuel asked.
"Yeah. In Hurbs notes he said if the vial isn't glowing blue then something went wrong with the isolation process. But we did it." Vince replied.
"Huh. Well alright. So, what now?" Samuel asked.
"Leave me for now. I've got some other stuff to work on." Vince replied. Samuel seemed skeptical but nodded before heading to the door. He then stopped and looked over and saw Vince's journal on a table next to him. He looked back at Vince and saw that he had his back turned. So Samuel grabbed his journal, feeling that Vince was hiding something from him. He stuffed it inside his jacket and left the lab. A bit later we see him in his quarters, skimming through Vince's journal. It mostly contained personal information and past info about his life. But then he found some notes on the serum.
"Once I've completed the super soldier serum myself. I'll get some help from Samuel with the next vial." Samuel read.
"Wait. He's already made a vial? Super soldier serum? I thought he was making a cure for the virus! Why did he need my help with the next one anyway?" Samuel questioned.
"The second vial will be given to our military assassin, Calvin. That way, I can send him out to take care of Hurb, and the kid." Samuel read.
"What?! He's gonna give it to that maniac? What's he thinking? And the kid? Who's the kid?" Samuel questioned.
"The first vial I created will be a backup, just in case the second doesn't work out for some reason." Samuel read.
"No. Not gonna happen Vince. I'm not letting you make that monster into an unstoppable force. Fuck that! I've gotta let the people here know. Then we can raid his lab and stop him. Then we'll take the vials for ourselves. Dammed liar!" Samuel said before he stormed out of his room.
Back in Vince's lab, we see him staring at the vial he just created in awe.
"Well Hurb, looks like I've topped you. Too bad I won't be there to see him end your miserable life." Vince said to himself before looking over at a cooling safe in the wall.
"Hmm, wonder what I'll do with the first one if this one works." He said to himself before he heard footsteps behind him.
"What did you need?" He heard a deep voice ask. He jolted around to see Calvin standing there.
"Ahh, Calvin. Just in time. Come here." He said to Calvin with an evil smile.