|RESTORATION| Chapter: 43 Rouge Origins

A/N:
Hey everyone! Finally back with another chapter. This one is probably gonna be a pretty long one since I'll be touching base with everyone back at Ericsson's, explained the backstory of the rough super soldier, as well as just the normal plot. So you might wanna get comfortable for this one. On another note, here is a new design for Cedric and my first design for Major Dawson! Also I designed the Rouge super soldiers face.

 On another note, here is a new design for Cedric and my first design for Major Dawson! Also I designed the Rouge super soldiers face

I also want to announce some retcons

I also want to announce some retcons. I did some more research and apparently from the wiki, telltales the walking dead's outbreak happened on July 19th 2003. So I went back to chapter 3 and changed the date on the laptop again. Sorry I don't know my lore lol. Also, I'm gonna change Y/N's enraged state. Instead of his eyes becoming white, I'm just gonna have his pupils dilate and his veins pop out whenever he goes berserk. I just think that's a bit better than what I had before. Anyways, on to the story.

It was the next morning since the Rouge super soldiers attack on Doctor Hurb. Luckily, Hurb was fine and recovering in the hospital. You were helping Cedric around since he was cleared for release. Although he still had trouble walking.
"I mean, for a guy who got fucked up by a super soldier, you're doing pretty damn good." You commended Cedric.
"Yeah, I guess so. Leg feels like shit though." Cedric replied, walking with you, using some crutches.
"I'm just glad Doctor Hurb pulled through. He's been taking good care of me." Cedric explained.
"Yeah. He's a good guy now it seems. He wasn't always like that though. But that doesn't matter anymore. Let's just get you home to Nia. Also make sure to take this around 1:00pm. Hurb said it'll numb the pain. And hey, once you do, maybe we could have a workout." You said.
"Really?" Cedric asked.
"Sure thing. Hurb said you should be fine to do a little movement. Plus you'll just be boxing mostly. Maybe you could brace your leg for it." You explained.
"Shit, sounds good to me. I miss the gym." Cedric replied. The two of you then arrived at his place. He opened the door to see Nia and AJ playing a board game they found in the living room.
"AJ? What are you doing here?" You asked him.
"Hey, Y/N. Clem said I could come over and play. I hope that's okay." AJ replied.
"Of course it is. Who's winning?" Cedric replied, walking over and sitting down in a loveseat.
"I am. AJ sucks at this game." Nia responded.
"Do not! You cheated." AJ replied defensively.
"No I didn't!" Nia shouted.
"Liar!" AJ shouted back.
"Woah hey! That's enough. AJ, apologize, now." You demanded.
"That's right. You too, Nia." Cedric added.
"S-sorry." AJ apologized shyly.
"Me too." Nia responded shyly as well.
"Good. Now c'mon, AJ. Let's head back home for a bit." You said.
"Okay. Bye Nia. Bye Cedric." AJ farewelled them.
"By AJ. Let's play again soon!" Nia said excitedly.
"See ya little dude." Cedric said.
"I'll come for you around 2:00. Your medicine should take full effect by then. Be ready." You said to Cedric."
"For sure. Later." Cedric farewelled before you left with AJ.
You and AJ began walking back in silence before you broke it.
"So, you really like her, don't you?" You asked AJ.
"Who, Nia? No." AJ replied nervously.
"It's ok AJ. You can be honest with me. Nothing wrong with it." You replied.
"*Sigh* Okay, I do. She's nice. Like really nice. And she's fun to play with." AJ explained.
"That's great. I'm glad you found another friend your age." You replied.
"What about you and Cedric? You two fought a while ago and now are like best friends. How?" AJ asked.
"Things just, work like that sometimes. Your enemies become your friends once they've seen the error of their ways." You explained.
"Huh. What about that other super guy. The one that shot Hurb. Do you think it could work like that with him?" AJ asked.
You were caught off guard by his question and just stared at the ground as you walked, having flashbacks to recent events. Him hurting Cedric, shooting Hurb, and your fight with him up on the hospital catwalk.
"I don't know, AJ. He seems really bad. Almost, crazy. I don't think the same thing applies to him." You explained.
"Well, Marlon was pretty bad, wasn't he? But you were gonna give him a second chance, right?" AJ asked.
"Marlon was different. He was lost, scared, paranoid. He wasn't really "bad". Just, confused. He wanted to protect everyone. Just went about it the wrong way." You explained.
"Oh, okay. I guess the masked guy is really bad then. But, I don't know. Maybe he can be changed. Maybe you can change him. Like you've changed me. And everyone else." AJ explained. You looked down to him and smiled before playing with his hair.
"You get wiser every day, kiddo." You said as the both of you continued walking to your house.