~33~

Ocean's polychromatic eyes narrowed at Naida and the water around her turned icy.

Naida's stomach twisted into knots and she instantly regretted her words. "I-I-I m-mean... uh- I- My mom, she, oh..." Naida spluttered, unable to form a sentence, and cowered back. "I'm sorry." She squeaked out, and it took everything in her to not add, your wetness.

Ocean raised a fist to her lips and turned around so Naida couldn't see her expression. "I can hear your thoughts." She said, her voice devoid of any emotion.

It felt as though Naida's heart stopped and time stood still. What could she possibly say now to save herself?

Wait, snap out of it, this is just a dream; she can't do anything to you! Naida thought with relief.

"Actually, quite the contrary," Ocean interjected. "At this very moment, one of my servants is transporting you to The Heart Of The Ocean where I'll get to see you in person! Oh, I have so many questions to ask you and tests to run!" She twirled around, her delighted expression warming the water around them, literally. "You, you have no idea how special you are! I'm just so glad I discovered you! You know, I thought you were just another human, throwing their life away into my depths, but I felt there was something special about you, oh, and I was right! As soon as I saw one of your powers surface, I sent Mana to retrieve you right away! I didn't think you'd even inherit any since your father was human, but I'm not surprised you did with magic like your mother's in your blood." She pointed out proudly.

"Powers? Magic? Was my mom a mermaid or something?" Naida asked, moving forward. Suddenly, her vision flickered, then returned to normal. "What?" She whispered and rubbed her eyes.

Ocean perked up. "Oh, you're nearly here! I look forward to meeting you in person... oh, I forgot your name. No matter, you can tell me toon enough. Farewell." Ocean waved her hand and exploded into a million tiny bubbles.

Naida was left alone in the middle of a dream of endless water, terrified to wake up. "I want answers, but am I really going to get any from her?" She spoke to herself and her vision flickered again, this time lasted longer. "I guess I don't have a choice." She heaved a sigh and willed herself to wake up.