~4~

Each brother was torn in their own way. Lionfish was loyal to his family, but he wanted nothing but Naida in his life forever, to love and hold and please, but Mako was his own brother, the very person who would throw away his life for him without a second thought.

Shark loved the idea of always being by Naida's side and protecting her from anything that may be a threat, but he felt the same way for his family, he couldn't just cast out Mako and leave him to fend for himself, but Mako had also now officially become a threat to Naida.

Ray didn't completely understand why Naida was making them choose, sure, Mako had let his instincts overcome him, but if they just kept an eye on him from now on, there wouldn't be a problem, and everything could return to how it was before.

Meanwhile, everyone on the surface was so caught up on the crucial desition at hand, Krait was completely forgotten. Where was Krait? He was still locked in his room, making sure he kept himself away from Naida, and slowly driving himself mad. The moon and ocean were working in overdrive, pumping him with magic and desire. The only thing on his mind was Naida, and what he would do to her. Despite Krait's magic being positive while Mako's was negative, they were equally out of control, and Naida had no idea.

While Ray, Shark, and Lionfish weren't as affected by the overdose of magic because they had recently expelled some magic through their gifts, their own will was slowly being chipped away at.

Magic is a powerful tool, both positive and negative magic, and little did Naida know she was about to find out how true that is fist hand.

~~~

"Sirens, merfolk, and humans all inhabit the same earth. Siren's and merfolk are a magical, aquatic race of their own, and though their entire existence depends on humans, the terrestrial race. Most humans don't even believe they exist, let alone know that they truly do. Isn't it funny? All these races, animals, beings, entities, they think they live for themselves, but they don't realize they're forced to live together, fighting every day for what's theirs, who they belong to, what they can do. It's meaningless, really."