~3~

She has nobody else to rely on. Sure, they had broken her trust, and she wasn't sure how long it would take them to earn it back, but she shouldn't punish them for Mako's mistake.

They still withheld vital information from her when they promised to be completely honest.

"You don't deserve my trust, but I'll place in your hands once again out of lack of better options; but, mark my words, one more slip up and I'm out. I'll move in with Betta and have her keep me on land, or... or something! I just don't feel safe with you guys unless I can completely trust you." Naida justified, running a hand through her messy hair.

"I- we won't let you down a second time." Lionfish vowed, his head hanging in shame; he couldn't help but take it personally.

"You got that right." Naida huffed and rearranged herself awkwardly on the dolphin. She let out a reluctant sigh and said, "I... I need your gifts. But, but before I return, it's me, or Mako."

The silence that followed those words was deafening.

"Naida, I understand you're upset at us and especially at Mako, but you're going too far. Don't make us choose." Shark pleaded, looking worried and a little aggravated.

"It is a little harsh." Lionfish murmured.

"Naida, he's still our brother, you can't possibly suggest that we pick between our family and our love.

"I'm sor... no, I'm not going to be sorry to make you choose. I can make you pick and I am. Now, choose, or take me to Betta. I'm going to go where I feel most safe, and that is wherever Mako isn't." Naida stated firmly, her will unwavering.

Each brother was torn in their own way. Lionfish was loyal to his family, but he wanted nothing but Naida in his life forever, to love and hold and please, but Mako was his own brother, the very person who would throw away his life for him without a second thought.

Shark loved the idea of always being by Naida's side and protecting her from anything that may be a threat, but he felt the same way for his family, he couldn't just cast out Mako and leave him to fend for himself, but Mako had also now officially become a threat to Naida.