~48~

"You're making it really hard to keep hating you." Nada sighed with a weak smile. She leaned her forehead against his bare chest and took deep breaths. Deep down, Naida knew Mako didn't mean anything he had said or done that night, but she was so scared it would happen again, she didn't want to take any risks. But, could that just be that she was being selfish again?

"Naida, I know you won't be able to trust me for a long time, maybe never again, and I'm okay with that, but please, will you let me be with my brothers again? At least let me visit them for a couple of days every week or so. They're all I have." Mako begged softly, resting his chin on her head.

Naida nodded, still leaning against him. Her instincts told her she shouldn't be cuddling him like this, but she had felt so alone and hopeless the past three days, she needed this. "I'm so sorry for what I did, Mako. I know you didn't mean it. I was just, so..."

"Scared? I understand why you acted the way you did. I probably would've done the same, had I been in your shoes." Mako admitted with a chuckle. He pulled Naida away from him and asked, "Do you want to get out of here?"

"Yes please." Naida sniffled and smiled up at him.

"Too bad that's never gonna happen." Ocean cooed, feigning sadness. She materialized in front of them and the water parts of her were slightly glowing and bubbling as if they were boiling. "Oh, you want to escape to your little harem of fish boyfriends so bad? Here, let me help you!" Ocean fumed and preformed many complex and fast movements, making the water around her swirl, pop, and compact, crushing Naida and making it hard to breathe.

"No-" Naida choked as the tunnel, Mako, and Ocean vanished from sight. As quickly as they had disappeared, a new setting had enveloped her. She was several yards from the outside of the heart of the ocean, or whatever Mana had called it. This isn't right. What is Ocean planning?

A second later, Ocean appeared a few yards away with Mako next to her, except his poster was still and strained. What had Ocean done to him? "Go on, go find your little remoras." Ocean taunted.

Remoras? Is she calling them that cause they're always with me? "I'm taking Mako too." Though I have no idea where I'm going to go.

"Okay, come take him. Take him from me, Naida." She spat, clenching her fist and Mako coughed painfully and squirmed. She was crushing him! "Time for your test."

"You've taught me much, but we both know I'm nothing compared to you. Please, just let us go." Naida begged, wincing at Mako's pained expression. "If we fight, I'll lose."