~38~

"Then, will at least answer my questions and tell me more about my powers?" Naida asked, guessing it was worth a shot at the truth.

"Hmm, I suppose I have to in order to see your potential." Ocean hummed thoughtfully, looking over Naida. "Though I think you may be more human than naiad."

"So, you said that I have powers? What are they? How do I use them? Do I not need gifts to survive underwater? Was what happened to Lionfish earlier because of me?" Naida listed off, her curiosity flooding out of her.

"Yeesh, and I thought I had questions. I suppose it's only to be expected." She sighed. "One at a time in order of which interests me the most. You have various powers that you may have inherited from your mother, a few of which you have already shown, such as water manipulation, and immunity to harm by water. Others you may possess is healing yourself and others with water, communication with aquatic animals, an extended lifespan, being able to survive simply off of water, increased energy and power near water, and possibly be able to camouflage yourself."

Naida let her words sink in. She had actual powers, she wasn't helpless after all! "So how do I develop and use my powers? The only time I can remember something happening that would've been caused by my powers was completely by accident! I can control my powers, right?"

"Hopefully, that'll make things more interesting. There's a possibility that because you're half-human that you can only use your powers on instinct." Ocean tentatively took Naida's wrist and examined her palms. "Only one way to find out I suppose." Ocean snapped and between two of her fingers, a pear suddenly manifested. "Eat this."

Naida had never had to hold back giggles this crucially in her life. Should she question her? What would it do if she did eat it? "I..." Nadia was going to say she didn't trust Ocean, but as soon as her lips parted, Ocean had popped the pearl into her mouth and it had slid down her throat before Naida could stop her. She spluttered and jumped away from Ocean as the uncomfortable feeling of swallowing a pill subsided. She had always hated that feeling.

"Forgive me or not, it doesn't matter much which you choose, but I had to take matters into my own hands; I knew you wouldn't take it on your own." Ocean gibed, tapping a finger against her temple.