one

jungkook shopping with taehyung was a usual thing they did on the weekends, when taehyung got to stay with his kookie.

they make sure they go on less crowded days, so taehyung doesn't have a sensory overload, but if he does, jungkook has a bag with all types of stuff to calm him.

they were walking hand in hand, because taehyung felt a little anxious at the moment but he wanted to stay.

the mall was filling up fast— and jungkook didn't know how much longer the boy could last without falling to the floor, screaming as loud as ever.

taehyung has gotten better with controlling it, he doesn't start fighting whoever is trying to help him anymore.

jungkook had a tight grip on the boys hand, not wanting him to run off, trying to get away from the noise.

"you okay tae baby?" jungkook asked, keeping a close eye on the boy.

"s-scary, and l-loud."

jungkook started rubbing circles on his back, trying to get out of the mall as soon as possible.

"you're okay."

they couldn't even get to the bottom floor, the escalator was crowded and it was really loud.

jungkook started to wish that they'd left sooner.

taehyung started whimpering, and he got even more uncomfortable as they went down.

he was getting a lot of looks, and he kept groaning while covering his ears— he didn't like it.

one of the workers noticed, and told everyone else to speed up so taehyung could get out.

"i'm so sorry sir. bring him over here."

taehyung lost it, the man telling people to move just put more eyes on him, and he started kicking and screaming, so jungkook had to basically push him out of the mall.

they made it out, and taehyung started screaming and crying, falling to the ground immediately.

he was in a more quiet area, so jungkook just let him do it.

sometimes he felt so bad for taehyung— it hurt to see his baby like this.

sometimes it got so bad that taehyung started biting and hitting himself, which only made him cry more because it hurt.

"no, no no baby don't do that," jungkook tried to tell him, watching the boy have a horrible meltdown.

after a few more minutes in silence, he calmed down and jungkook slipped the ear defenders over his ears quickly without bothering him.

taehyung got up himself, and wrapped his arms around jungkook.

"i know baby.." he told him, patting his back.

taehyung only hummed, rocking himself back and forth.

it was something he did to calm himself, so jungkook didn't mind letting him do it.

"i'm so sorry love,"

taehyung just continued humming.

"is kookie mad?" he asked jungkook, his voice sounding hoarse and scratchy from all the screaming.

"no baby, kookie is not mad. do you want to go back to my house for a little while? mrs. jeon would want to see you."

jungkook's parents loved taehyung, he was so nice even though he was autistic and was the cutest little bun when he was happy.

he started flapping his arms, showing that he was happy.

"are you excited? come on, let's go get in the car."