sixty-three

timeskip: a month or so
----
taehyung was bouncing on his bed, waiting for jungkook to wake up and get him.

sometimes he did this for hours.. even longer some days.

it was a gloomy morning, not much sun shining like it usually did. taehyung didn't like that too much.

his head turned to the door, where he saw jungkook standing with a full sippy cup of milk.

"good morning~ up already bubba?"

taehyung's face lit up with joy as he quickly grabbed the cup and hid his face in the crook of jungkook's neck once he picked him up.

"hm? cold again baby?"

"dada smells good."

jungkook let out a soft chuckle, rubbing circles on taehyung's back as he carried him to his bedroom and placed him on his bed.

"you've got scans today bub."

his heart shattered as he saw taehyung's smile turn into a frown.

"they're gonna hurt taetae?" he asked, eyes sparkling with wonder.. and a bit of fear.

jungkook kissed taehyung's cheeks, pulling him closer and snuggling him in bed.

"you're gonna be just fine my love. you've been getting weaker these days. it's what's best." jungkook knew this was a bad sign. yet he ignored it and smiled for taehyung.

only for him.

he took a moment to smell taehyung's sweet scent, the scent he'll never get to smell again one day. he smiled softly, kissing taehyung's neck.

"i love you so much babyboy. so, so much."

taehyung, who seemed to be done with talking since he was sucking on his paci, gave jungkook a big smile.

that smile would never fail to make him smile.

taehyung was a beautiful boy, his smile was only one of the few things in jungkook's life that mean the most.

"wanna get ready so we can drive to the hospital?" jungkook asked, frowning at the way taehyung shook his head no immediately.

"you have to baby." he felt bad, taehyung was tired of fighting. tired of being sick. tired of not being able to show his emotions properly. he was frustrated.

after a bit, jungkook got taehyung to listen and gave him a quick bubble bath while playing some soft music to calm his nerves.

now, he was getting him dressed, tying his shoes for him.

he could feel the nervous energy coming from taehyung, and it made him sad. the love of his life didn't deserve to go through such things anyways.

he smiled up at the boy as he finished tying the shoe, standing up to kiss him. "ready to go now?"

taehyung hesitated for a moment before answering, fidgeting out of nervousness. "yesh."
==
the sedation wasn't easy on taehyung, and it took alot to actually get him sedated.

he seemed more calm now, slowly sucking on his pacifier as a way to soothe himself after all the crying and the fight he put up with the nurses.

he just laid on the bed, covered in his blankie.

he was tired. really tired.

he was so sick of fighting everytime, going through the side effects after waking up, going to therapy, going to the hospital constantly. it was all taking a toll on him. but he fought, and gave it his all.

it truly broke jungkook's heart to see taehyung declining so fast these days. his love was slowly slipping away day by day. he wasn't ready to let go either.

all the energy taehyung had is gone, he's weak, less verbal. his breathing is so slow, almost like he's so close to giving up.

and now, he sees. he sees how much pain the boy is going through. how he's so weak to the point where he doesn't even want to eat. just sleep and snuggle jungkook.

it was hard, hard to see someone he's known and loved so much just slip away.

he loved taehyung so much. with everything in him. and now, he accepted his reality. there's no more they can do for taehyung. to have so many undiagnosed things, with a brain tumor now.

he sighed, playing with taehyung's hair.

"be brave, babyboy." he held taehyung's hand as the boy let out a soft sigh, feeling sleepy from the sedation.

after a while, they took taehyung back for the scans, which left jungkook alone in the room.

he didn't know how to feel. taehyung was dying, no matter how much he didnt want to believe it. he was losing his best friend, all because of some stupid fucking sicknesses he has.

he felt angry. mad at the world. mad that taehyung had to cut his life short.

out of anger, he threw his phone to the floor.

"fucking stupid shit." he mumbled, covering his face with his hands as he held back tears.

this was hard. he wasn't ready.
==
im so sorry for the sad chapter :( days are getting shorter for taehyung :( so glad you guys love the book :)