22

Alex's POV

          Jefferson ended up making toast after his second attempt at making eggs ending up resembling hockey pucks instead of something edible.  He opened the fridge and grabbed jam, butter, and peanut butter. "Today folks we have an array of fine toppings for our five-star meal. Hand churned butter, the finest jam this country has ever seen and peanut butter. Only for the classiest guest, a man could ever wish for."

"Oh shut up," I said and grabbed the butter. 

"That's not the way to treat your host." Jefferson picked up the peanut butter "It's like your butter, but upgraded."

I rolled my eyes and ate my toast while feeding Philip. Jefferson strutted over and pointed at Philip with his toast.

"When is he going to be walking and like moving?"

"I don't know, he can't even crawl."

"Is he going to bite or like poop in my shoes?"

I turned to him. "He's a human, not a puppy."

"Ok, ok I get that but he has teeth and he poops."

"Just shut up, don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Nope daytime strippers are awful, you can't recover from that. After eleven though... " He winked at me "That's when they send out the hot girls."

I got up and picked up Philip. "Ok I can't deal with you I'm going to a walk."

Jefferson imitated a girl moaning and threw his head back. "Yes like that," He said breathily as I walked out the door.

I walked out of the apartment building and started walking around and put "daycare" into google. If I planned on continuing to work at the firm I couldn't keep bringing Philip in. A daycare in a small church caught my eye. The pictures looked decent and it had good reviews so I hopped on the bus. The day care was about a 20 min ride away plus what ever it took to get to the firm. I'd just have to wake up a little earlier, but that's not a problem if you ever sleep in the first place. I hopped off the city bus and walked the additional black to the church. It was a Presbyterian church made of stone with a small steeple. I walked inside on the hardwood floors and the receptionist seemed nice enough. she showed me a pamphlet on their program and lead me to one of the rooms. It had those little cutouts of animals on the wall with Dr. Seuss books on the self. It looked perfect and I signed him up for the upcoming year. At least now Jefferson couldn't make comments at work.