15

I sat on my bed, it was well past dark now and everyone had left, mostly because I had said that all the excitement had made me exhausted. In reality though. I just needed some time to think. Laf's half-brother who happened to be Thomas Jefferson, the man I hated most, was the man who saved me. On top of this, I was going to live with him.

Tomorrow I was going to be released from the hospital. Only a few more hours in this sterile place. I turned over and pulled the blankets over me not knowing what was worse. Staying at the hospital, or Jefferson's apartment.

I rolled onto my back. He's probably doing this out of pity. He just doesn't want to be known as the man who almost got someone in the office killed. I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of people would do that in his position. I shook my head and pushed the thoughts away trying to go to sleep.

Sunlight filtered in through the window as I blinked my eyes open. I rubbed my face to see clearly and got up wincing, though it wasn't as bad as yesterday. I didn't need to pack anything because I had left everything at the office when Jefferson took me shopping.

A nurse walked in and seeing that I was up, explained to me that since I was checking out today she had to make sure everything was right. I let her inspect my cast and stitches on my arm and bruises on my side. Once she was satisfied she helped me walk down to the front. On the way she began the speech she had probably said at least a thousand times about how I shouldn't put to much stress on my injuries and if anything is messed up, to go to a clinic immediately.

At the front desk, the receptionist told me just about the same thing but with fancier words and that they would send the bill as soon as possible. I hoped my health care would cover the majority, but knowing those types of companies I knew that I would have huge bills to cover along with my regular ones. Not the best situation.

I called Jefferson and told him that I had checked out and he said that he would be there in about ten minutes to pick me up. I then called John to let him know.

"Hey Alex, everything good?"

"Pretty much, I just checked out, just wanted to let you know that Philip's little vacation is about over."

"Oh don't worry, he's a great kid. I love the little guy, if you ever need a babysitter for a couple of days call me."

"So I'm taking it that he didn't keep you up at night?"

"Not once, that's a quiet kid. Where should I drop him off?"

"Ill text you the address, I'm staying somewhere else for a bit."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

"See you"

Just then I saw Jefferson's car pull up to the front of the hospital. I walked outside and got in.

"Ready Hammy?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Not really, I will leave in a heartbeat if this is a bad idea."

"Just warning you, it probably is."

"Just drive."

øøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøø

It didn't take long to get to his apartment building, he opened his door and revealed a large living room with a kitchen off to the side, a hallway was to the side with multiple doors. I noticed my computer bag on the kitchen table along with Philip's carrier and his blankets.

"So I swung by your office at work today and grabbed what you brought in, but later on we're going to have to get whatever else you need from your apartment. Until then you can just use some spare stuff."

"Sounds solid"

"Also, James is coming over at 7 for Friday movie night."

"Ok, I'll probably catch up on some work"

"Great, your room can be the third door to the left down the hall"