16

James's POV

I knocked on Thomas's door. We were close friends, a lot of people thought that we might be gay, but we're not. Maybe normal friends don't have Friday night movies on the couch together, but nobody who has met Thomas has probably thought he was normal.

He opened the door carrying a child small enough to be considered an infant.

"Thomas, whose kid is that?"

"Hamilton's"

"You can't just steal people's kids. What are you thinking!"

"Calm down, Hamil kid is just here temporarily, you know you said to be extra nice and all. Then I got him beat up enough to be sent to the hospital. So he's staying here for a bit. You know as an 'I'm sorry for getting you almost killed and insulting past where a sane person would stop' kind of thing."

"That's not a good idea."

"I'm fully aware."

"You two are going to kill each other."

"I know"

"You are literally oil and water."

"I know"

"This is going to end horribly."

"I know"

"Alright, now that I guess you are aware of what a disaster this is, let's get on with movie night."

"I got ice cream."

"What flavor?"

"Vanilla, Hamilton picked it out while I took him grocery shopping."

"Should I invite him to movie night?"

"Absolutely not. This is our time."

"What if he's lonely?"

"He has his laptop, for all we know he can type forever and not get bored."

Thomas plopped himself down on the couch and turned his huge flatscreen TV on.

"Horror, comedy, romance, or action?"

"Oh please not horror, you know how I am with that."

Thomas laughed.

"Remeber the last time I made you watch horror and you clung to me for the rest of the night thinking that you were going to die?"

"Yes I do, and let's not do that again." I huffed

"Can I hold Philip?"

"If you want." Thomas said passing him over.

I smiled and rocked Philip. I tickled him and a little bit and my heart melted when he laughed. I kissed his little forehead and started humming nursery rhymes.

"Dang, your good with kids. I don't think I could handle one for over a day."

"I've always wanted one."

"A kid, no way, I'd rather have me time."

"I would love to have one, look at little Phil and tell me that he's not cute."

Thomas stared at Philip for a full five seconds.

"He's a Hamilton."

"A cute one too." I started tickling his stomach again and watched him make the little noises only a parent would understand.

I watched as Thomas clicked on the horror section started to scroll through movies.

"Aaagggg. No, stop, get out of there. Think of the child Thomas. You don't want to scare Philip. Poor Philip."

Thomas rolled his eyes and clicked to the kid's section.

"There we go, that's it. Let's watch something nice."

He clicked on Mean Girls which was good enough for me and passed me my bowl of ice cream. Halfway through the movie, I started to doze off my head on Thomas's shoulder. At the end, Thomas tapped me awake and whispered.

"It's over lets put Philip back and get some sleep."

Thomas had put together a makeshift cradle for Philip out of a basket and blankets in the kitchen and we had put him in there.

"Hamilton is using the guest bedroom, so you can sleep in mine."

I usually did anyway when Thomas put on a movie that scares the living daylights out of me. I even had a drawer in his room with clothes and a pair of slippers.

We both changed into bed clothes and settled in.

"Do you think Alex is holding up?" I asked.

"Why do you worry so much about him?"

"I just want to make sure he's ok."

"He's a grown man He'll be fine."

With that, we both went to sleep with a soft pattering of rain drops on the roof.