17

Madison's POV
A crack of thunder jolted me awake. I rubbed my eyes and reached over to check my phone on Thomas's bed table. It read 3:20 a.m. I looked over and saw that Thomas had also woken up.

I heard cries coming from the kitchen. I slumped back in bed and tried to ignore it. Another flash of lightning and a roll of thunder lit up the room and Philip began to cry even louder.

"Should I go get him?" I said turning to Thomas.

"He's Hamilton's kid, he can deal with him."

"He better soon."

I rolled onto my stomach and covered my ears with the pillow. The cries continued for a solid fifteen minutes until I heard Thomas sigh and get up. I threw the pillow off of my self and headed after him.

Thomas rubbed his forehand and open Alex's door. He was lying down in his bed mostly covered by blankets. If the thunder hadn't woken him up Philip must have.

"Hamilton! If your going to live here you take care of your own kid got it?" Thomas said tasing his voice clearly annoyed.

Alex remained still.

"Maybe try shaking him a bit, but on the shoulder, his side is hurt."

Thomas shook him with no result.

"Hamilton I swear if this is a joke you better cut it out and tend to kid or this little arrangement is going to end."

Alex remained still. Thomas turned to me. "Get Philip I'll figure out what's going on."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen grabbing Philip out of the bed. His cries lessened once I picked him up but he was still screaming . I held him in my left arm and went back into Alex's room.

Thomas has him propped to the side on his lap while Alex clung around his neck like his life depended on it. Alex seemed zoned out and his face was close to white. He was shaking uncontrollably and tears were running down his face.

Thomas has a surprised expression and tried to lay Alex back on the bed with no success.

Another crash of thunder echoed through the room and Philip started full on wailing again while Alex clung on to Thomas even harder.

"Oh jeez I bet my neighbors hate me right now."

"Maybe they were already woken up by the thunder.?" I said but knowing that a handful of them were probably trying to mentally stop Philip from crying.

"Do we have one of those kid swings or a pacifier?"

"I don't know what did Alex bring?"

"Go down to the lobby and see if the receptionist has any of those."

Thomas POV
James has just left and put Philip his bed in the kitchen.

Alex was gripping on to me like his life depended on it and I have no clue what to do.

Iv never had to take care of my siblings or other kids. The closest thing to that was trying to babysit for the neighbors once but that ended quickly.

I tried rubbing his back to calm him down with no success. I laid down taking him with me and he was still clinging on to me so I put my arm around him trying not to hurt him

I hugged him feeling relieved when his rapid breathing started to slow down. I stayed with him until I was sure he was fully asleep and then tried to wiggle my way out. I felt bad about leaving him alone but I knew that James would need help with Philip and since he was asleep it might help his situation.

I was halfway out when he moved closer to me. Feeling slightly uncomfortable I made a fast break for it and got off the bed without waking him. I grabbed my noise canceling headphones that I had bought when construction was going on in my building and slide them on Hamilton so he wouldn't hear the thunder.

I walked out of his room and went back to the kitchen to wait for James to come back with whatever they had in the lobby to stop Philips still persistent crying.