Chapter 19: To Prepare

POV: 3rd

The group of people exited the elevator into Ozpins office, Qrow and Noble Six being the last two. Summer turned to the two. "What the hell were you two thinking?!"

"If you were my men, I'd have you two shot!" Ironwood said, following up on Summers statement.

"If I was one of your men I'd shoot myself," the father/son duo replied in unison as Qrow took a swig from his flask.

Glynda glared at the spartan. "While I wouldn't condone his actions, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation."

"He was DRUNK!" Winter exclaimed, defending Six.

"He's always drunk," Summer pointed out, causing everyone to look at Qtow. Sure enough, he was chugging down his flask before finally noticing them.

Ozpin sighed as he sat down in his chair. "Why are you two here?"

"You've been out of contact for weeks! You can't just go in the dark like that!" Ironwood yelled

Six leaned a bit toward the general. "It's called black ops." The response earned Six an angered growl from Ironwood.

"Plus, Summer and I aren't your special operatives Jimmy," Qrow said mockingly as he looked at Ironwood.

"We're getting off track." Six said, bringing everyone back to the topic at hand.

Summer decided to take the lead from Qrow. "We got more intel, our enemy is here."

Ironwood leaned on Ozpins desk. "We kno-"

"Can they finish?" Six asked Ironwood, earning another angered growl.

"They had reason to assume you've been compromised," Winter stated

"And I reason to believe you don't need to be here! Seriously, who invited her?" Qrow asked

Six decided to speak. "Well I told her about my past, pretty sure she can be trusted."

"Everyone in this room knows of your past." Glynda pointed out.

Six crossed his arms. "Okay, let me rephrase that. You three know I'm a super soldier, my parents know a lot of my past but not all of it, Winter knows everything. If she can believe that I'm a super soldier from another dimension then the believe what's coming next."

"Very well. In that case, would you like to explain?" Ozpin asked six. Six gave a nod and told Winter about what the meeting was about.

"So...all those childhood stories, they're real?" Winter asked

"For the most part," Summer replied. "Anyway, it's not just another random pawn but rather those responsible for Autumns condition."

"Wait, who's Autumn?" Six asked

"The Fall Maiden," Ozpin replied. "Her power was somehow stolen, putting her in a critical state." Hearing this, Noble Six gave a nod.

Qrow got in Ironwoods face. "Tell me James. When you brought your army to Vale were you being discrete, or did you not just give a damn?!"

Ironwood backed off and projected a hologram of Vale and Beacon, as well as Amity Colosseum and his fleet. "Discrete wasn't working. I'm here because THIS was necessary."

Six was thinking as Ironwood spoke, so he decided to finally voice his thoughts. "Or maybe it was all planned." Seeing that he got everyones attention he continued on. "Think about it, the White Fang working with people like Tortchwick to steal enough supplies for an army. Not to mention the 'coincidental' infiltration on the CCT after Atlas' arrival and during the dance, a time where we'd be most vulnerable."

"The way you put it, it sounds like everything was intentional," Glynda said

"But what about the subway train from Mt. Glenn?" Ironwood asked

Six spoke again. "Well if I can not be interrupted I'll get to that. If I were trying to take down an army by myself, which I have, I would hack into their network while also allying myself with local rebels and supply them with cargo. It all tirs together, even the subway incident even though our discovery caused it to be rushed."

"In that case, when were they planning on the subway to happen?" Summer asked

"The only time when we're more vulnerable than I simple dance," Six replied and left the sentence to be finished by someone in the room.

"A holiday, the Vytal Festival." Ozpin said as he took the bait.

The spartan continued on. "I don't think they're going to stop just because we thwarted them on one front. They're to hit, hard."

"I still have a couple questions." Winter spoke up. "One, why hack into the CCT. Two, how did you think of all this on the spot?"

Six leaned on the wall. "For your first question, it's Atlas who created the CCT. Someone with the knowledge to hack wouldn't pass up the opportunity to steal a robot army from under their enemy's nose. As for your second question, my neural implant is like a super computer powered by my brain."

"How do we know they'll strike?" Ironwood asked, glaring at Noble Six.

The spartan shrugged. "I'm a soldier, not a fucking genie. Though I've already proven I'm better than you at your job."

Before Ironwood can react, Ozpin spoke up. "If that is the case, then we must ALL be on high alert. If we let our quard down, there's no telling how many lives can be lost. A guardian is a sign of protection, an army is a sign of conflict. There is an energy in the air now, a question in the back of everyones minds. If this is the size of our defences, what is it we expect to fight?"

"So, what do you suggest we do?" Ironwood asked the Headmaster.

"I suggest we find our guardian." Ozpin replied

Six looked at Ozpin. "You say that like you already know who."

Ozpin nodded. "That I do, though the decision would ultimately be up to her."

"I suggest we also keep an eye on who moves on in the tournament," Six said. "No doubt that if they have control over Amity, they'll set up the fights to get ahead. Also helps pinpoint who they could be since we know they disguised as students with another kingdom."