Chapter 22: The Vengeful Ones

POV: 3rd

Noble Six walked into the warehouse with caution, thinking the elite would be ambushed. He stood corrected seeing Xela meditate as he waited for the spartans arrival. "I knew you come, demon." Six said nothing in response but instead pulled his weapon off his back. The sanghili stood up and turned to face him. "I must say I'm impressed, through all the trouble I went through to eradicate your pack you still live."

Six flipped the cover on his weapon. "You... You're the bastard who slaughtered my team!" He growled in anger as he pressed the button. Two crimson plasma blades sprouted from the side of the tip of the staff, turning it into an energy scythe.

"As did you demon!" Xela responded in kind, igniting his energy sword as well as what Noble Six recognized to be a jackal energy shield.

Like wolves the two warriors circled each other, waiting for their opponent to make a move. Eventually they dashed at each other, but Xela was immediately forced onto the defensive due to the reach of Six's weapon. The spartan swung the scythe in different patterns, remaining unpredictable to the elite. Six spun around to deliver a deviating blow, Xela took the chance to strike. Six simply used his attack to parry the blow and knock the elite off balance. Six kept his momentum to deliver another strike, but Xela blocked it with his shield. Using the momentum Six used to knock him off balance once again, Xela spun into a strike of his own. Six leaped back and fired a shot at Xelas knee, popping the shielding that protected his body. Six took the staggered moment to lunge at Xela to finish him off, only to immediately stop in his tracks. Xela had pulled a plasma grenade off his belt and stuck him with it to regain his energy shielding. Six quickly knelt down and went into armor lock to come out unscathed. As he rose back up after the explosion, Six swung his fist in an arc as Xela swung his energy sword. The plasma blade bounced off the spartans energy shields and struck the elite, popping both. The two staggered back, only to get into a fighting stance and go at each other once more.

(With Emile)

Emile slammed his gravity hammer down onto the cockpit of a rogue paladin, saving Velvet once again as Weiss was able to summon the arm of an Arma Gigas to defeat another. The spartan turned to the heiress. "Where's your team?!"

Weiss was slightly hunched over, a bit winded but she was still able to respond. "I don't know! Yang went that way to look for Blake!" She pointed in the direction she saw Yang go.

Emile looked over in the direction before back to Weiss. "Find Ruby, I got the other two!" Getting a nod in response before seeing the girl take off, Emile ran to look for the other two.

Eventually he came across them, seeing Adam Taurus about to strike Yang down as he talked to Blake. "Starting with her" he heard the bull faunus say.

Emile ran over and went into armor lock, blocking the attack that would've cut Yangs arm off. "Yang, get Blake out of here!" Red aura started to swirl around the spartan.

Yangs hair was still in flames, showing her anger. "No! That bastard is mine!"

Emile turned to face Yang, showing the eye sockets of the skull carving were now glowing red. "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!" Yang saw this and became slightly scared, never having seen Emile this mad. She went to grab Blake, only for Adam to try and attack her again. Emile blocked the attack again. "You tried to hurt my family, now you pissed me off!"

"You're a perfect example off why humans should die out!" Adam growled in anger. Yang took the chance to get her and Blake out of there.

Emile chuckled darkly. "I'm gonna enjoy beating your sorry little ass like a war drum!" The spartan went to kick the terrorist, only for it to be blocked by the blade and absorb some of its kinetic energy as the faunus was sent across the room. Adam dashed back towards Emile and swung, only for his blow to be blocked as well. The two dashed around the place, sending shockwaves through the air as they clashed in blures of red.

Emile decided to end the fight, so he let Adam impale his gut. Adam gave a near sadistic grin, only for his seeable face turn to fear as the barrel of a shotgun was shoved into his mouth. "Surprise motha fucka!" Emile let out before pulling the trigger, turning his opponents head into bloody mist. He pulled the sword out, causing blood to pour out his wound, and wielded it in his left hand as he turned his shotgun back into a gravity hammer to wield in his right. Hordes of grimm started to appear around the raging spartan. "COME AT MEEEEE!!!" He yelled, causing the grimm to pounce. Emile began too massacre the sea of darkness that crashed on top on him.

(With Kat)

Kat was able to rip the head off a rogue Atlas robot and keep it to remain functional. She turned to the huntsmen that fought at her side. "You all, give me some cover!"

"Wait, why?!" One of them asked as they destroyed a robot.

"To get Ironwoods army back!"

"How?!" Kat didn't answer them this time, but rather got behind the team and knelt to focus. She went into the system and was able to quickly single out the virus and destroy it.

Kat watched though security cameras the drones went back to protecting people. She smiled until she felt as if a part of herself seemingly disappear. "Uh oh." She checked on her body being torn apart by a few major ursas as the team of huntsmen retreated. "OH COME ON!!!... Well, might as well make myself more useful." Kat uploaded what she remembered of Six's fighting pattern into the robots, turning them from disposable pawns into literal death machines. She went to work on the paladins but saw it was going to take a lot more effort.

(Somewhere else)

Glynda Goodwitch disposed of a grimm, only to see a pack of them charging at her in the distance. She was about to get ready to fight them when a large figure landed in front of the blonde professor and mow them down. "Quite an entrance Jorge, you never cease to amaze."

"I try my best" Jorge joked before turning his chaingun into a battle axe. The two stood back to back and began to fight the grimm. Jorge cut one in half that almost got Glynda as she telepathically threw a grimm that tried to blind side the spartan into rubble, impaling the monster in a grotesque manner. "Hail Mary!" Jorge shouted before throwing his weapon. Glynda used her semblance while Jorge went into Spartan Time, nearly doubling his speed and reaction time. He crushed a beowolf underfoot as he threw an ursa into the flying death weapon. In a matter of minutes all the grimm in their area were eradicated, Jorge held out his arm and Glynda returned his weapon to him.