Chapter 11: Mission One

POV: 3rd

Team NBLE were on their way to Ozpins office since they were called by said headmaster. "So, why we seeing the Wizard of Oz?" Emile said, causing the three to chuckle.

Six looked at Emile. "All he said was that he needs our help."

"Probably going to ask us to join his secret war." Kat joked

"You better not have jinxed us." The spartan males said in unison.

Six looked up and saw a fleet coming in to Vale. "What's the entire Atlas military doing here?"

Emile shook his head. "Damn it Kat."

"Oh shut up...Emily." Kat countered

"Okay that's enough." Six ordered, stopping the bickering before it turned into a full blown screaming match. The three went to the elevator and got up to Ozpins floor.

The elevator doors opened to professors Goodwitch and Ozpin looking at the Atlas fleet. "But yes it IS a bit of an eye sore." The headmaster said before turning around and seeing the spartans. "Ah, good morning NBLE."

"Headmaster." The three said in unison.

Before things could continue the elevator beeped, Ozpin let them in and revealed to be General Ironwood. "Ozpin!"

"Hello General." Ozpin responded as he held his arms behind his back.

"Please, drop the formalities." The two walked up to each other and shook hands. "It's been too long, and Glynda. It certainly has been too long since we've last met." Ironwood said as he turned to greet Glynda.

"Oh James." Glynda replied in sarcastic excitement before she looked to Ozpin. "I'll be outside." She did just as she promised.

"Well, she hasn't changed in a bit." Ironwood remarked.

"So, what in the world has brought you down here all the way from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival." Ozpin asked as he poured the general a cup of tea.

Ironwood accepted it. "Well you know how much I love Vale at this time of year. But what brings these three here?" He asked, motioning to the team.

"Was starting to think they forgot about us." Emile mumbled

Ozpin took a sip of hot chocolate. "Well I'd like to ask them a question, but I believe there's someone they'd like to see." Six was about to ask who when the elevator dinged.

The doors opened to reveal another spartan, taller and larger than the spartan IIIs. Yet despite the intimidating size he had a warm and calming smile with his helmet off. "Glad to see you made it count." He said as he looked straight to Six.

"J-Jorge?" Six barely spoke. He slowly walked up to him and the two pulled each other into a hug. Kat and Emile soon joined in.

Ironwood rose an eyebrow. "Their looks wouldn't give you the thought of seeing them like this." He spoke softly as he standed next to Ozpin.

Ozpin smiled at the sight. "Well they've been through much together. It's not surprising to see them think of one another as family."

The spartans broke the hug. "What are you doing here?" Kat asked

Jorge crossed his arms. "Well I got a call from my adoptive niece saying that a certain hyper-lethal was friends with her teammate."

Six realized who he ment. "How'd you become Cocos adopted uncle?"

"I saved her and her family a few years back." Jorge looked at Ozpin. "You want to tell them or should I?"

"Tell us what?" Emile asked

Ozpin sat at his desk. "Well usually I start with a long winded explanation, but given your situation I don't think it's needed. While it is true the grimm are attracted to negative emotions, they do have a queen. Salem, a being that can control grimm, and one I am technically in a secret war with."

Emile looked at Kat. "You fucking jinx."

Six drove his attention back on topic. "So you us to join and help, is that it?"

"Precisely."

The spartans merely looked at each other before all coming to the same conclusion. "We're in."

"Good. There are four being called the season maidens that, like Salem, can wield magic."

Six looked to Jorge. "Sounds fun."

Jorge shrugged. "A bit." He admitted

There seemed to be a side conversation, since Ironwood started to leave before turning to Ozpin to say one last thing. "Ask yourself this, can your children honestly win a war?"

Ozpin watched as he left. "I hope they never have too." Team NBLE took it upon themselves to leave until Ozpin spoke one last time. "If you four could, there's something I'd like to ask of you."

"What is it Oz?" Jorge asked for them.

Ozpin looked out to window. "Investigate what is being set in motion in Vale."

"Consider it done." Jorge replied and with that they finally left the office. Jorge looked at Six. "So, heard you got your blood family back."

Six gave a smile. "Yup, I know where a couple of them are right now."

With a bit of walking the four made it to the library to see Yang beating the rest of her team in a board game. "Hey cuz! What's up, and who's the new guy?"

Six patted Jorges shoulder. "This here is Jorge, Noble Five. We're going on a mission so I just wanted to let you know."

Ruby rushed over and hugged her big brother. "I'll miss you."

Six chuckled and shook his head as he hugged her back. "I'll only be gone for the night, you'll see me tomorrow."

Everyone else waved them off. "Good luck!" Yang wished them.

"Count on it!" Six said as he waved back while walking out with his team. "Kat, any plans?"

Kat smiled. "I'll stay in the CCT and see if I can get into the network, Emile watches my back while you and Jorge go and gather intel. Since Jorge is more familiar around here he could probably get some from local law enforcement while you look for the White Fang."

"Sounds like a plan, let's move out." They headed off to the airpads.

Before making it completely there Jorge laid a hand on Six's shoulder. "Carter would be proud of you."

Six gave a nod. "Thanks...old man." He went to join Kat and Emile.

Jorge chuckled to himself. "Definitely didn't miss that nickname." He said before catching up with the others.