Chapter 10: Calm Before The Storm

POV: 3rd

     Summer and Qrow had come to meet teams NBLE and RWBY. They were surprised to hear some of their war stories. "So let me get this straight, you three are some of the best of your generation?" Qrow asked.

     "Yup, and Six being one of the best to ever live." Emile replied. "Though I DID save his ass a couple times."

     "You were in a MAC cannon shooting down drops hips, I don't think that counts." Six countered. "Plus I grabbed a banshee and flew around taking out hostiles as you, Carter, and Jun hunckered down in front of Halseys lab."

     "Who's Halsey?" Summer asked

     "She basically invented spartans." Kat replied

     Summer squealed and hugged her son. "Aww! My baby boy is the best! I'm so proud!"

     "Mom, you're embarrassing me." Six said as Kat and Emile laughed.

     Summers eyes widened as she remembered something. "Oh, that's right! I brought baby pictures of Onyx."

     "Oh god, please no."

     "Oh I gotta see this." Emile said as he and Kat looked over Summers shoulder.

     Ruby chuckled. "Thank goodness it isn't me."

     "I got a feeling you're next." Six said to her.

     Ruby looked at him. "Don't say that, I don't want it to happen!"

     "Don't worry, it won't." Yang said before smirking. "I will."

     "YANG NO!!!" Ruby tried stopping Yang but she had already cracked a photo album open to show everyone.

     Six and Ruby just sat and watched everyone fawning over baby pictures of them. "I never thought I'd be embarrassed until today."

     "You learn to live with it." Ruby answered dully.

     "Oh! We should go to Vale and spend the day all together!" Summer suggested, everyone agreed. Summer turned to Six. "Onyx, you should invite Winter."

     "Wait, why me?" He asked

     "Because you two like each other."

     "It's not like that!" Six then sighed in defeat. "Alright, I'll go find her." He got up and left the room to find Winter.

     POV: Coco

     I was walking down the hall with Velvet until I saw one of the people that my uncle said he knew. He turned his head toward us. "Hey Velvet, teammate of yours?"

     Velvet smiled. "Yup! This is my team leader and best friend, Coco Adel!"

     The armored giant was about to offer a hand shake until he grew a look of concern. "Are you alright? Look like you've seen a ghost."

     "I...uh...gotta go." I ran off to my dorm room and immediately called my uncle.

     The scroll rang for a bit until he finally answered. "Hey Coco, what's going on?"

     "Uncle, somebody's here! I think it's one of your old teammates!"

     He grew silent for a bit before replying in a more serious tone. "Which one?"

     "I think it's the one that accompanied you in the ultra...space...carrying thing."  I daid, struggling to remember what he called it.

     "I'll be over as soon as possible." He said before hanging up.