Chapter 23: There Will Be Another Time

POV: 3rd

Noble Six and Xela clashed blades once again. Xela angled his shield to deflect a blow to the side, giving him an opening. Six countered by keeping the momentum and using it to kick the elite away. The spartan tried to rush the sanghili again but saw another plasma grenade fly his way, forcing him to dodge. Xela took the chance to run out the building. He grabbed a dark orb that Salem had given him and threw it at a griffon, causing it to land in front of him and contort into a seraph star fighter in mere seconds. Six ran out the building and saw the elite hop in and take off, so he focused his semblance to spawn a saber to chase him.

The two space ships flew through the air, shooting at one another. The seraph dove down to avoid the chainguns on the saber. The saber went after it, shooting the enemy the whole time. Once the shielding of the seraph gave out the saber shot missiles at it, the seraph responded by doing a barrel roll to evade the explosives. While two missiles flew off and killed grimm, the other two collided. The saber flew through the smoke and fire but no sign of it or its pilot were anywhere to be seen.

The saber flipped to avoid crashing into an evac ship, smacking its wing into the underside of the seraph about to ambush it. The two crafts began hurtling to the ground, causing the pilots to climb out and jump off the back ends. The two landed on top of what was left of Ozpins tower, causing another two combatants to be distracted. Six saw Pyrrha quickly recover and leg sweep her opponent before running to the spartans side. Cinder stood with the elite, both of them ready to kill. Six tossed a couple grenades before he turned and grabbed Pyrrha. "What are you doi-"

"Tell'em to make it count" Six said, interrupting Pyrrha as he tossed her off the side. He grabbed his weapon in time to block an attack from Xela before using the other end to whack the elite in the temple. The spartan spun the weapon to shoot at Cinder, preventing her from charging up an attack. Six used the recoil to gain some speed for another swing at Xela, causing the plasma blades clashed once again. Xela had to tilt his head to not have it blown off by a sniper round as Six shot a charge plasma pistol bolt at Cinder, hitting her left eye. The spartan leg sweeped the elite and kicked him off the ledge of the ruined building. Six turned his attention to Cinder, only to be met with a stream of fire. The spartan rushed through the flames and cut the maidens arm off, causing her to scream in agony as she too fell off.

Noble Six took off his helmet and took the time to breathe, smiling at the victory before is attention was suddenly drawn elsewhere. "Look out!"

"Mom?!" Six turned his head to her, only to gain a look of shock and pain. Six coughed up blood as the tips of an energy sword lifted him up off the ground. Summer was frozen in shock, unable to save her son from the monster that literally stabbed him in the back. Xela tossed the spartan to the side, causing his weapon to tumble off and fall to the ground below.

"ONYX!!!" Summer ran over and dropped to the ground, she began to cradle the spartan in her arms and held him close as she began to cry.

"Do not worry human, you will soon meet him again." Xela started to walk menacingly toward Summer, relishing the moment he'd kill her as he raised his sword.

Summer set her son down and stood up. She was visibly shacking as tears streamed from her eyes. "You... You monster! I'LL KILL YOOOUUU!!!" An immense power of light erupted her eyes, burning away all the grimm at Beacon as she dashed past the elite. Xela was wondering why she didn't attack when he heard a thud, he looked down to see his arm had been cut off and the energy sword still in its palm. Xela held his new wound and roared in pain, trying to slow the blood flow. Summer spun around Xela, forming a tornado of white rose petals as she left deep cuts in the alien. Xela no longer had the strength to stand so he had no choice but to kneel. Summer stopped in front of Xela and cut the elites head off. With that done Summer began to walk back to her son, she quickly became light headed after a few steps and fell to the ground. The last thing Summer saw through her blurry vision was some air craft before she passed out.

Summer woke with a start and looked frantically around. "Woah there, relax. You're safe now."

Summer eventually calmed down and rubbed her forehead. "Jorge? Where... Where am I?"

Jorge stood next to her bed, his helmet was off and in a chair against a wall. "You're in a hospital, you were in coma for a few weeks."

Summer kept rubbing her head until she let out a gasp, letting her hand fall to her lap. "Onyx!" She began to get the hospital covers off her. "I have to help him! He-"

Summer fell silent when Jorge bent down to grab something off the floor, having her sons helmet in his hand. He set it in the mothers lap and kept his head lowered. "I wasn't there in time to save him... I'm sorry."

Tears found their way to Summers cheeks again. She stared at her reflection in the visor for a few long seconds before embracing it. She began to cry her lungs out, not caring if anyone was able to hear her. Jorge reached over and began to pat her back, helping in the only he could think of.

Ruby was traveling with Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Pyrrha. Ruby was looking at the weapon in her hands when Pyrrha laid a hand on her shoulder. "I'm... I'm sorry Ruby. If I"

"Don't, he saved you. You shouldn't feel responsible" Ruby spoke

Pyrrha gave a nod and stayed silent for a bit. "Do... Do you know what he named his weapon?"

Ruby shook her head. "No, but... I think I have one."

"What is it?"

"I'm calling it... Crimson Light." Ruby gripped her brothers weapon with determination.

Pyrrha gave a smile. "It's perfect, he'd-"

"DUCK!!!" Jaune suddenly yelled. Everyone dove to the ground as something right flew over their heads, crashlanding in the wilderness not far off.