Chapter 12: Putting Out A Candle

POV: 3rd

     Team NBLE was getting ready for their mission. "Everyone remember their rolls?"

     "Yup, and Ozpin gave me access to the CCT. I probably can ask your girlfriend-"

     "Not my girlfriend."

     "To send in a good word for me." Kat spoke

     "Alright, sounds good. Now let's get going." Six replied, then the four broke off to do their rolls.

     (Timeskip)

     Jorge had no trouble with getting info from the police, but he was confused when he bumped into Yang and Neptune. "Yang? What are you doing here?"

     Yang chuckled nervously, Neptune was too scared to sae anything. "Oh! You know...just riding my bike! Yea, had to stop to do...buisness."

     Jorge was now suspicious. "What kind of business?"

     Yang glared at him. "You ask a girl that!"

     "Right." Jorge replied, not convinced in the slightest. He waited for Yang to leave before patching into private comms. "Noble Five reporting, just ran into Yang. She was hiding something, could be worth peeking into."

     "Copy, keep an eye out for the rest of the team." Six said before they all went back to their tasks at hand. Jorge moving to regroup with him.

     Kat had just finished talking with one of the SDC receptionists and was about to leave with her gathered intel when she saw Weiss coming out the elevator. "Oh Kat! I um-"

     "Homework?" Kat asked, earning a nod from Weiss. Kat stepped on the elevator and patched into comms. "This is Noble Two, just encountered Weiss. She said she's here for homework."

     "Which there's none of. Good work, now we know they're up to something. Regroup on us when you can, but if you run into Ruby or Blake try to tail them." Six responded and assigned before going dark for the moment.

     Emile was hanging out outside the CCT before he heard tire screeching. He ran to investigate and saw Ruby running into an alleyway with someone else. Emile went after them and saw the girl throw Ruby into the dumpster. Thinking it was an act of assult, Emile charged in and started to fight her. "Got a tango!" Emile shouted into comms.

     "Jorge, go assist Emile!" Six said through comms. Emile grabbed the girl and threw her away from Ruby before he unsheathed his kukuri, the girl responded in kind with multiple swords each controlled by wires that, to a non-spartan, would be almost impossible to see.

     Emile crossed his arms to block when Jorge stepped in front to take the hits. He had orange energy shields and his chaingun glowed red, the spartan II fired at the girl who had no choice but to block when Ruby screamed at all of them. "STOP!!!" The three looked at Ruby. "Jorge, Emile, what are you doing here?!"

     Emile was about to counter her statement with his own but Jorge beat him to it. "The real question is what is your team doing in Vale? We know it isn't some outing otherwise you all would be together."

     "Not to mention you were just thrown into a dumpster." Emile added

     Ruby was upset. "No, Penny was trying to help me! She didn't want me to get caught being with her because Atlas wouldn't like it."

     "Of course they wouldn't." Jorge said as he powered down. "Just get your team back to Beacon."

     "A-Alright." Ruby started to head back, sad that Penny ran off.