Chapter 7: It's Not A Date

POV: 3rd

     Noble 6 was getting ready for a day in the town. "Hey Emile, how do I look?"

     Emile looked over. "Look good."

     "Thanks, how come you're not going? Winter said she'd help US get used to civilian life."

     Emile chuckled. "Should just be the two of you for your date."

     "For the last time! IT'S NOT A DATE!!"

     (With Winter)

     Winter was getting ready as well. "Weiss, how do I look?"

     Weiss looked over. "You look good. Honestly I'd say your trying to impress someone."

     Winter glared at her. "I'm not." This just caused Weiss to laugh. Winters expression eventually calmed down. "You should come too, you could give better points than me."

     Weiss giggled. "Well I could, but I don't want to ruin your date."

     "For the last time! IT'S NOT A DATE!!

     (Timeskip)

     The two met up in Beacons courtyard. Winter wore a light blue T-shirt with skinny jeans and matching sneakers, Noble 6 wore a black button up with a white t-shirt under it with black jeans and matching sneakers. The two slightly blushed when they saw each other. "Glad you made it, where's your partner?" Winter asked, having been waiting for them.

     "He didn't want to come." 6 replied, with that the two headed into Vale.

     Winter looked at Noble 6. "So I thought maybe lunch would be a good thing to start off with. What do you like?"

     The ex-spartan thought for a bit. "I'm not real picky. What about you?"

     "Well, my sister told me about this small restaurant that has great pasta. We could go there."

     6 looked at Winter with a confused look. "What's pasta?"

     "What do you mean 'what's pasta'? How can you not know what pasta is?"

     "A military life." 6 replied, his face showing that it should've been obvious.

     "You are missing out." Winter said and grabbed his hand, pulling along the man nearly two feet taller than her.

     The two arrived at the small restaurant and got their table. The waitress gave the two menus before going to help more customers. "See anything that looks appealing?" Winter asked as the two looked at their menus.

     "The Chicken Alfredo sounds interesting." 6 replied

     "Good choice, I think I'll get that too." Once the waitress came back the two ordered their food and got glasses of water. "So, why do you prefer to be called Noble 6? Don't you like your name?"

     6 nodded. "I do but, it's more of like in memory of Noble team."

     "What happened to them?"

     "I'd...rather not relive that." 6 replied, looking away as he did.

     "Oh...I'm sorry...you must've been close to them." Winter looked down toward the table, regretting that she asked.

     "We were like family....heh, I remember one time back at base I went to get a drink but the fridge blew up. Luckily I was wearing my armor so I didn't get hurt. Once it blew up I heard Emile laughing his ass off and I thought 'this fucker rigged the damn fridge'. So I chased him throughout the base. The rest of our team were so scared that I kill the guy that they dog piled me." Winter listened to the story and laughed with Noble 6 when he finished.

     "Do you...have a picture of them?" She asked. 6 reached into a pocket and pulled out a photo, him and the team as they were about to head off onto a mission.

     Once Winter got a good look of it he put it back in his pocket. "It was right before a mission called 'Tip of the Spear'. Kat did NOT know how to drive." The two laughed again. They talked and ate for a bit before paying for their meals and going to walk around Vale.

     Eventually, the two came across team RWBY. Once Ruby saw Noble 6, she rushed over and clung to his arm. "BIG BROTHER!!"

     Noble 6 laughed as he held his arm up. "Couldn't have missed me that much."

     "I did. What are you up to?"

     "I'm helping him get used to civilian life." Winter replied for him.

     "Yup, she freaked out because I didn't know what pasta was." 6 followed up.

     "You are missing out on life." Ruby said. "At least tell me you know what cookies are!"

     "If he doesn't know what pasta is he's not gonna know what cookies are." Yang said as she walked over, making Ruby dumbfounded.

     "Well, we better get going. You four take care." 6 said, having Ruby get off his arm. He and Winter started walking off.

     "Alright, take care! Good luck on your date!" Yang called out to them.

     "IT'S NOT A DATE!!" The two yelled in unison, glaring back at the teenage team. Ruby and Yang just laughed, the two walked off as Weiss and Blake kept bickering.

     (Timeskip)

     Noble 6 and Winter stopped in front of Winters room. "Well, that was fun." 6 said.

     "It was, I wouldn't mind another day together." Winter replied

     "Cool! So uh...tomorrow maybe?"

     "Umm..yes, yes I'd like that."

     "Okay...uh...yea, bye."

     "G-Goodbye." With that said and done Winter went in her room and shut the door.

     POV: Winter

     I leaned on the door, my heart racing faster then it ever had before. What is this feeling? Is it...no...it can't be! We technically just met!

     POV: Noble 6

     I walked to my dorm and shut the door behind me. I laid down in my bed, thinking about the event of today. "How'd it go?" I threw a textbook at the voice, not expecting anyone to be here. "ARGH!! Shit man, my head! The fuck was that for?!"

     "The hell are you still doing here Emile?! Aren't you usually working out at this time?!"

     "Well I WAS until a fucking textbook didn't fly at my damn face!"

     6 sighed. "Sorry about that, wasn't expecting anyone to be here."

     Emile went to bed. "Yea, whatever. In the past right?"

     "Yea, night Emile."

     "Night." With that the two ex-spartans turned in for the night.