Chapter 69: A Night to Remember

So I really wanted to finish and post this earlier but I was sick. And I have a new puppy so that's been time-consuming. But I will post as much as possible to finish this story up this upcoming week!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Breaking my rule of not using songs from a musical they do once the musical is over to do a song that fits perfectly and is kind of cliche but who cares... "A Night to Remember" from HSM3!]

Boys: Guess now it's official. Can't back out, can't back out, no.
Girls: Getting ready for the night of nights. The night of nights, alright.
Boys: Don't panic, panic!

It wasn't a surprise that on the day of prom, the kids were all over the place. Some of them, like Alex and Dan, had chosen to get ready together. They thought it'd be less stressful that way. Julie was not happy to have Alex at her house while she was trying to get ready. Formal events typically required her to run around the house in her underwear, something she couldn't do now that there was a heavier male presence.

Alex: Now do we have to dress up for the prom?
Dan: Dude I don't think we have the choice

And for the girls, like Kitty and Bree, it was even more stressful to have gotten together. All they did was compete with each other and as they applied their makeup, started from scratch any time it looked like the other was looking better. 

Kitty: Yeah it's the night of all nights. Gotta look just right.
Bree: Dressing to impress the boys.

Jake wanted to look perfect. He had to do everything in his power to win Julie back, starting with getting ready with Ryder. Neither of them seemed to know what they were doing, looking around at all the different tuxes they owned to find the right one. As Ryder chose the colors, Jake tried to find the closest match to his beige tones, knowing they were chosen to fit Julie's dress.

Ryder: Do I want classic or vintage or plaid? Where's the mirror?
Jake: I think this tux is too baggy. Too tight, it makes me look weird!

Kitty had to sell herself for those prom votes and Bree had to look perfect to sell her dresses. One was on her. One was on Shana. And another was on Peyton. The perfect models. Now it was just a matter of time to find out whether people liked them or not.

Shana: Should I go movie star glamorous
Amity: Sassy or sweet?
Kitty and Bree: Don't know, but no one better wear the same dress as me!

Everyone rushed around their homes, shoes flying everyone, mothers snapping photos, selfies being posted on Instagram. It was an insane amount of preparation for just a few hours of fun.

Boys: It's the night of our nightmares.
Girls: It's the night of our dreams.
Boys: It's too late to back out of it.
Girls: Hey! Makeovers, massages.
Boys: Don't know what a corsage is!
Girls: Been waiting all our lives for this.

They all had planned to meet up at Julie's house for the stretch limo that would be taking all of the New Directions, except for Stefan, who was going with Carrie, to the hotel. But first, the guys had to pick up the girls. And that was the hardest part. So when it was time for those meetings to take place, the hectic disorder increased. 

Girls (Boys): It's gonna be a night (can't wait) To remember (aw man) Come on now, big fun, alright. It's gonna be the night (I guess) To last forever (lucky us)
All: We'll never ever ever forget.

Like Kitty, Carrie had one goal: get that crown. It didn't help that the New Directons had taken to social media to urge everyone to vote for Julie, but the Cheerios were evenly split between all four girls. The rest of the school seemed to prefer Kitty, who had been the victim of a crime. But in Mean Girls, they voted for the pusher, not the pushee. So there was hope. As for Stefan, well, it didn't help that he had Rory with him being a diva.