Chapter 63: Those We Don't Notice

This chapter's opening scene was written by katiehall77! It'll make a lot more sense to those of you on tumblr :P
--------------------------------------------------------

READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED *INSERT DRAMATIC MUSIC*

"Alright guys, let's get this glee club meeting started!" Sam exclaimed as he walked into the choir room.

"Umm... where's Mr. Schue?" Julie asked, not really keen on seeing Sam at the moment. Not in what was now her turf.

"Ron had a doctor's appointment so he asked me to cover for him," he replied happily, thrilled at any opportunity to call their son, Daniel, by the nickname everyone had agreed upon for him.

"We don't need a babysitter," Bree said, rolling her eyes. "We're big kids."

"Yeah, yeah," Sam said, rolling his eyes right back. "But according to school policy you actually do need a babysitter. So here I am!"  He did a little spin in place, before saying, "Alright so let's get to it! I heard someone had a number planned?"

Amity, Shana, Harmony, Kitty, and Bree all raised their hands. Sam nodded at them, and took a seat beside Ryder as the girls stood up. Shana walked over and sat down at the piano, Harmony picked up a pair of maracas, and Kitty a tambourine, while Bree and Amity each grabbed a triangle. Everyone else looked at each other in confusion.

["Spice Up Your Life" by the Spice Girls.]

All: La la la la la la la la la. La la la la la la la. La la la la la la la la la. La la la la la la la.

Julie stared at all her friends in awe... What on earth were they doing?

All: When you're feelin', sad and lone. We will take you where you gotta go. Smilin' and dancin'. Everything is free. All you need is positivity!
Shana: Colours of the world
Amity, Harmony, Kitty, Bree: Spice up your life
Shana: Every boy and girl
Amity, Harmony, Kitty, Bree: Spice up your life
Shana: People of the world
All: Spice up your life. Aaahh!!! 

By this point everyone was staring at the girls with jaws dropped. Vocally they sounded amazing, like usual, but the music? It just sounded terrible! 

Shana, Amity, Kitty, Bree: Slam it to the left
Harmony: If you're having a good time
Shana, Amity, Kitty, Bree: Shake it to the right
Harmony: If you know that you feel fine 
Shana, Amity, Kitty, Bree: Chicas to the front
All: Hi Ci Ya! Hold tight! 

As they sang the next verse, even the performers where laughing at themselves. They knew that they sounded bad, but they didn't care! The point of this number wasn't to sound good. It was to have fun! 

Kitty: Flamenco
Harmony: Lambada
Shana: But hip hop is harder
Bree: We moonwalk the foxtrot
Amity: Then polka the salsa
All: Shake it shake it shake it, haka! Shake it shake it shake it, haka!
Bree: Arriba!!!
Amity: Arriba!!!
Kitty: Ayyy!!!
Harmony: Ay, ah, ah, ayyy!!!

As they finished up the number none of the girls were able to maintain their cool. Shana was practically falling off of the bench; she was laughing so hard! But no one seemed to really notice. When they were done the only person who clapped was Sam. Everyone else just sat in their chairs, wondering what had just happened.

"Guys that was great!" Sam exclaimed, giving each of the performers a high five. 

"Was he joking?" Stefan asked Dan, who shrugged. Sam wasn't the most observant when it came to music quality. If it looked fun, it probably sounded great.