Chapter 62: The Bachelor

When the New Directions boys were asked to gather in the choir room, they were surprised when it turned out it was Carrie who called it.

"Attention!" Carrie began. "I called this meeting to nominate all of you for the date auction Jake and I are hosting."

Jake rolled his eyes. He didn't like the idea in general and he especially didn't like that Carrie was dragging the glee guys, himself included, into it.

"We are going to donate all proceeds to different cancer treatment and research centers," Carrie continued, "and if we want it to be successful we need a variety of eligible bachelors to take part. And nothing says variety like the glee club."

"Wait, but half of us have girlfriends," Alex pointed out.

Carrie shrugged and said, "Already confirmed it with them. They are on board. It's for a good cause so your little Christian girlfriend and the rest of them didn't mind. Besides, a few other guys around school are in on it, too. Even Kitty's nerdy, yet somehow still cute, boyfriend, who has apparently made it totally in to date nerds because four other Cheerios are doing it now. Anyway, if the glee club refused to help something that was for charity, it wouldn't do very good things for your rep."

The guys looked around at each other. "I'm in," Stefan said.

"Of course you are," Ryder muttered. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Stefan asked him, confused and a bit scared that he knew the answer.

But Ryder wasn't ready to fight it out yet. "Nothing..." he responded. "Just that you're very outgoing. I'm in, Carrie." As the rest of the guys caved in, Carrie clapped happily and debriefed them on what they had to do to prepare.

***

"Hey, Gorgeous," Jake said as he stepped in front of Julie in the hallway. At the sight of him, she smiled, but did not stop. "Whoa," he said, walking beside her, "where's the fire?"

"In Coach Sylvester's office," she sighed. "She wants to see me and that's usually not with good news so—"

"Wait up!" he asked her as she tried to get away. "I wanted to ask if you'd maybe perform at the bachelor auction. Maybe talk a little about the importance of cancer research?"

"Yes to the first," Julie said, walking away backwards, "but no to the second. Sorry!"

Jake nodded and waved at her as she disappeared. He then ran into Harmony, who said, "Hey! I forgot to congratulate you. I heard the news about Juilliard. That's awesome."

"Thanks," Jake nodded. "And I guess I should tell you the same thing. I can't believe we both got in."

"I got into NYADA, too," Harmony said happily. "But I think I might actually go to Juilliard. The more I looked into it, the more I fell in love with it, even without musical theatre."

"Yeah," Jake nodded, thinking about that. "It's going to be pretty amazing..."

***

Julie was expecting Sue to have disappointing news about the squad, maybe to have called Carrie, too, but instead she walked into her office to find Kitty and Bree already there.

As she took a seat beside them, she asked, "What's going on?" 

Bree shrugged and Kitty didn't really bother to look at her, feeling slightly guilty and still a little mad about the events of the last few weeks. "I've gathered all of you here because you three have something in common," Sue began.

"We all slept with Jake Puckerman," Bree nodded, her expression very serious and clinical. She turned to Julie mockingly and said, "Oh wait... The girlfriend hasn't?"