Chapter 5: The Next One

After the second group sang Iggy Azalea's "Fancy," which was led by Unique and Harmony, they were received with the expected roaring applause from the crowd, much unlike the first group.

As they left the stage with beaming faces and met with the others, there was an innate need to claim bragging rights. "We're going to bring in more auditions!" Harmony chimed. "They liked us better!"

Kitty rolled her eyes. "Only because we were given a more inappropriate song," she said.

"That's an advantage," Marley pointed out. "These people tend to be into that."

They began to bicker even as they were being dismissed and Will couldn't wait to rub his victory in Sue's face. However, this win was short-lived when he realized that Sue's loss was his now, too. For this reason, he was glad when auditions rolled around the next evening, for he saw an opportunity to band everyone together again. 

This would've been made easier had football practice not ran late, making Ryder miss the first half of the unworthy auditions.

As he hurried out of the showers, worrying that another miss would make his glee teammates think he was just a douchey jock now, he was stopped by the sound of a humming. It was a male humming, which made him feel uncomfortable at first. Had it not been glee audition day, he would've ignored it.

However, when he followed the sound, he was surprised to see that it was coming from one of the new guys, who had tried out for quarterback and been made his second-string back-up. 

"Hey man," Ryder interrupted him, hoping not to startle him.

The guy looked up with a smile, completely unbothered, and said, "'Sup," with a quick nod. Continuing to hum, he put his shoes on and stood, ready to leave.

"You sound good," Ryder told him. "I have a proposal."

"Nah, man," the guy chuckled. "I don't roll that way."

"Not anything like that," Ryder shook his head, embarrased. "Glee try-outs are going on right now and—"

"Hey," the guy said suddenly. "Aren't you that guy who had that epic fight with his girlfriend in here the other day?"

Ryder's expression hardened. "She's not my girlfriend," he said. "But yes."

"Cool," the guy nodded. "I'll audition for your little club. When is it?"

"Like, right now," Ryder repeated. "What's your name again?"

"Stefan," he answered. "And you're Ryder, right?"

Ryder nodded. "Walk over to the auditorium with me," Ryder said, nodding over to the door. "I'll get you an audition spot."

"Alright," Stefan shrugged nonchalantly. He followed after him and when they walked through the auditorium, auditions were over.

The glee club, along with its instructors, was starting to make its way out when Ryder rushed in and stopped them. "My pal here wants to audition, too," Ryder announced.

Will squinted his eyes to make sure he was seeing right. "Stefan?" he said, confused when he saw one of his worst students to date there.

"Mr. Schuester!" Stefan exclaimed with a laugh. "Are you also trying out?"

Will shook his head. "I'm the teacher in charge of glee club," he explained.

"Co-in charge, William," Sue pointed out with a smug look on her face. "Let's see what you got blondie." Will tried to stop her, not sure how he felt about the guy who didn't seem to take anything seriously wanting to join his glee club, but Stefan was already on stage before he knew it.