Chapter 17: It's a Boy Girl Thing

Hey y'all! I just wanted to clarify that I'm including parts of what's going on with the graduates because I'm not going to continue the spin-off (it was just a drag for me to even write 500 words about them, I don't know why) and I want to basically give them all their little endings, since I'm not going to write about a good lot of them some time from now. I won't be writing too much for them, just small little moments every now and then to keep informed of what their lives are like for when they drop by or whatever. So that's that and this is this and now I'm just typing words. 

Oh, also, I got on the mobile app a few days ago (I have it on both my iPod and my phone but I don't use it very often because I prefer web) and I realized that some of the stuff I put on Italics and Bold doesn't come out right on the app. So if there's a line in which it gets cut off and stuff, just know that it's because it'll only work on the first line of each paragraph for some strange reason. Not sure if everyone is experiencing this same issue, but just wanted to point that out.

P.S. I've written the next like 5 chapters already but am spreading them out evenly for when I don't have time to write and want to have something to post!

-------------------------------------------------------------

LIMA, OHIO

"Ok," Julie sighed as she reached her locker, where Jake was already waiting for her and getting books out of his own locker. "I waited all weekend for a response to my question and now your time is up... What do you want for your birthday? 'Nothing' and 'you' are no longer acceptable answers."

Jake rolled his eyes and smiled. "Ok, fine," he responded. "I will ask for something although seeing as it's the day of, I don't know how this will work out. There is one thing I'd like. Well... two, actually, but we can get to the second one later."

"Ok, hit me with it," Julie nodded, preparing herself.

"I want..." Jake began slowly. "Hmm... I want a song."

"A song?" she responded flatly. "Seriously?"

"That's one of two things," he nodded. "And while I'd normally refrain from pressuring you, since it's my birthday, I think you should have it ready by the end of the day."

"What?" Julie said, her eyes wide with surprise. "That's impossible."

"Better get working on it then," he said smugly, closing his locker and walking away.

She watched incredulously before remembering to call out, "Happy birthday you jerk!" He chuckled softly and waved a hand in the air in thanks, not turning around to see how angry she was at his request.

***

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

"Britt, get in here!" Santana shouted from her bedroom. Brittany, whose face was covered in peanut butter, rushed into the room with Lord Tubbington trailing behind her.

"I'm here, I'm here," she panted. "Just spending quality time with Tubbs before he has to go back home. What's going on?"

"Mercedes just called me," Santana responded. "She's been signed on for another album."

"But her new one isn't even out yet," Brittany responded. "Not for a few more weeks."

"It's been released to private industries and is super likely to be a hit," Santana explained. "They dropped her single two days ago and it's already, like, number 15 on iTunes. 15!"

"Wow, that's great!" Brittany grinned. "Did you hear she's graduating again this year?"

Santana burrowed her frow as she said, "That's Unique, Britt... Anyway, that's not what this is about. As it turns out Mercedes wants me to be the background vocalist, officially, for her new album."