Chapter 10

"So, Emily, since JJ is working, why don't we go and take a walk around town?" Derek asked. Emily agreed to it, and so him, Emily, and Garcia all drove to downtown Dallas and parked near a park and walked around. Derek and Garcia had to leave that night, so when JJ got back from working, they were going to spend time with her. 

"Emily, have you thought about what you wanted to do?" Garcia asked as they walked around the park. 

"Well, everything I want to do is high impact to the head. So, I really have no idea." Emily said. 

"Did you go to college for anything?" Derek asked. 

"Yeah. But, I won't be successful at it." Emily said. 

"How do you know that? Did you drop out or something?" Garcia asked. 

"No. I graduated. But, the department chair person told me that even though I completed college, I won't be successful." Emily said. 

"What was your major?" Derek asked. 

"Dance." Emily said. Derek and Garcia were both shocked. "I know, I know. But, dance is more of JJ's thing. Not mine. Plus, I'm old, and I won't find any jobs." Emily said. 

"You can get a job as a dance instructor." Garcia said. 

"I don't know. I haven't danced since I graduated. I don't even think I can do it anymore. Ballet gets harder to do the longer you don't do it." Emily said. 

"That's why you train your body to do it again. Look. Train with JJ. She'll get you back into shape and flexible again." Derek said. 

"Oh don't I know it." Emily said with a smirk.

"Not what I meant." Derek said with a chuckle. 

"But I don't want to steal her thunder. She seems excited to audition for DCC." Emily said. 

"You wouldn't be stealing her thunder. Think of it this way. Being on the team together, you guys can protect each other from all of the perverts that go to the games just to watch the cheerleaders." Derek said. 

"I guess. But I doubt I will make it. JJ's a lot more flexible than I am. I don't even know if I can still do the splits." Emily said. 

"How do you know that she's more flexible?" Garcia asked. 

"Oh trust me. I know." Emily said with a slight smirk. 

"Wait. I thought you guys haven't had sex yet?" Derek asked, very confused because he remembers JJ mentioning it. 

"We did for the first time the night of the lip sync battle. Trust me. She's a lot more flexible than I am." Emily said. 

"Well, that's why you just gotta train. And if it doesn't work out for you, then you've still got a job as a dance instructor." Derek said. 

"That's if I get a job as a dance instructor. If I don't, then maybe I can get a job as an Uber driver." Emily said with a sad face. 

"I've never went to oovoo javer." Garcia said, trying not to laugh. Derek and Emily looked at her with confused looks. "You've never seen that vine?" she asked. They shook their heads 'no'. "My goodness me. Well, anyway, just do all three. Dance and cheer during the week plus Saturday while being an Uber on the weekends or when you get time to." Garcia suggested. 

"Yeah I guess I can do that." Emily said. "I'm hungry. Let's go get some food." Emily said. They went to a local restaurant and got burgers and fries. After they were done at the restaurant, they spent the remaining time watching movies. When JJ got home from work, she had a puppy with her.