Chapter 35

"Okay, so I was thinking that Declan can move in when Derek has the rooms done so that way he doesn't have to worry about where he's going to sleep. He can just get settled in and go right to sleep. Also, I've looked at schools around the area, and I think that The Episcopal School of Dallas would be a good one. Of course, you can go and take a tour with the Superintendent and see for yourself if it would be good or not. Oh! And here's your coffee." JJ said, handing Emily her coffee. It's been another week, and Emily has been stressed between finding a different job since the dance studio had to find a different instructor because of Emily being missing for six months and taking care of Daviana as much as she could. 

"Baby you didn't need to do all of that." Emily said after taking a sip of her coffee. 

"I know, but I know you're really stressed with everything. Which you don't need a job. I make enough to support us." JJ said. 

"I know, but it shouldn't be one parent taking care of the whole family. It should be 50/50. I hate not making my own money." Emily said. 

"Emily, don't you have like millions of dollars that you still won't tell me the exact amount?" JJ asked. 

"Yeah, but I like to earn my money and not just use money from my family." Emily mentioned. 

"Also, did you call me a parent?" JJ asked. 

"I mean, yeah. You are basically a mom to my children. Maybe one day you can adopt them, and you can legally be their mom as well." Emily said with a smile. JJ had tears in her eyes as all she's ever wanted was to be a mother. 

"I would love that. But only if they want me to be their mom. Well, other mom." JJ said. 

"And right now you are doing an amazing job at being a mother to both of them." Emily said. JJ kissed Emily softly before Daviana started to cry. 

"I think someone's hungry." JJ said. 

"Yeah, I'm hungry for you." Emily mumbled. 

"Babe you can't have sex for three more weeks. And I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about Davi." JJ said with a chuckle. 

"It's so stupid. Like, I have needs that need to be taken care of. So inconsiderate." Emily groaned, filling Daviana's bottle with breast milk since she had just got done pumping. 

"Well your body needs time to heal itself before you take care of your wants." JJ said. 

"They're needs. Not wants." Emily argued. 

"Actually they're wants right now because what your body needs is to heal." JJ said. 

"Fine. But still." Emily said. A couple hours later, Daviana had fallen asleep, and so Emily decided to look at job options. JJ had to go to work, and so it was just Emily. There was a lot of restaurants that were hiring. She thought about applying to Hooters just to see how JJ would react, and also because she loved their wings. She also thought about a strip club because strippers actually make a lot of money in just a few hours depending on the night. But she knew JJ would never allow that. She began to dig for careers in dance, but she didn't find any. She was starting to get stressed even more out, and becoming a stripper became even more tempting. 

"Emily?" she heard Daviana's doctor say. Emily looked up from her computer screen. 

"Yes?" Emily asked. 

"Daviana is looking really great. She's gained weight, everything sounds great, and all of her vitals have improved. I think that if her vitals keep improving and continues to gain weight, then I think she could go home next week." she said. 

"Thank you." Emily said. The doctor nodded and walked back out. Emily texted JJ with the information she had just received and began to job search again. It was no good, and Emily began to grow tired. Though it was only about five in the evening, there was no harm in taking a nap. Until Daviana started crying an hour later. Emily instantly shot up and rubbed her head because she got up too fast. It was time to change Daviana's diaper as well as feed her again. The doctor gave her the 'okay' to breast feed Daviana, so that's what Emily did since she hadn't pumped in a while. While she was doing that, she began reading the book she was reading before she was kidnapped, 'Am I Enough?'. When she got to the end of the chapter, she wrote down her answers the best she could without dropping Daviana. It was time to switch Daviana to the other side, so Emily did that and continued on with her reading. Halfway through the middle of the chapter, Daviana was done, and so Emily burped her gently and then rocked her. As Emily was rocking her, she decided to tell her a bedtime story. 

"Once there was a baby star. He lived up near the sun. And every night at bedtime that baby star wanted to have some fun. He would shine and shine, and fall and shoot and twinkle oh so bright. And he said: "Mommy I'll run away if you make me say Good Night!" And then his mommy kissed his sparkly nose and said: "No matter where you go, no matter where you are, no matter how big you grow, and even if you stray far, I'll love you forever, 'cause you'll always be my baby star.'". Emily kissed her head and put her back in her little incubator. 

"You like you haven't slept in days." the nurse said. 

"Don't all new parents look like this?" Emily asked. 

"I mean, yeah. But you look a lot worse than they do, no offense. Why don't you do get some sleep? I know you don't like leaving Daviana, but promise I will take great care of her while you're sleeping. I'm here until nine tomorrow morning." the nurse said. 

"That's like a 16 hour shift." Emily pointed out. 

"Short staffed. But for real. You need sleep. It isn't very good or healthy to not get a very good amount of sleep." she said. Emily hesitated but nodded her head and grabbed her stuff. 

"Thank you. But remember that if anything happens to my little girl, my wife's a cop and former FBI agent." Emily said, realizing that she just called JJ her wife instead of fiance. She liked wife so much better. 

"Noted." the nurse said. Emily said goodbye to Daviana before walking out. She went to her hotel, and once her head hit the pillow she was out. 

A/N

Hey guys! Kind of a filler chapter but one that focuses on Emily! I hope you like it!