Chapter 14

"Emily get down!" JJ shouted at Emily as she tried to look to see where the gunshot was coming from. "Emily!" JJ said just as she reached up to pull Emily down to the ground. 

"I was just-"

"Hello there love." Emily heard as she was cut off from talking. She could recognize that voice from anywhere, and not in the good way. 

"Call your team, blackbird," Emily whispered to JJ. JJ processed what Emily said for a few seconds before realizing that whoever was shooting and was talking to her was bad. They both talked about nicknames to call each other for when they were in danger. Emily chose 'Blackbird' to be JJ's nickname. JJ chose 'Cheeto' to be Emily's nickname. "Hello Ian." Emily said, getting up off of the ground. 

"You look just as beautiful as ever. Too bad you didn't stay with me." Ian said, lowering his gun. 

"You know I couldn't." Emily said in a low voice. 

"Couldn't?! You left me all by myself with a baby to raise all alone!" Ian said, clearly getting out the anger and emotions he had towards Emily. 

"Em, what's he talking about?" JJ asked, clearly confused by the whole situation. 

"She doesn't know, does she?" Ian asked. 

"Ian, please don't." Emily said. 

"Ian, please do." JJ said, really wanting to know what he was talking about. 

"You see, Emily here ended up having a baby when she was just 15 years old. It was my baby, and after she had him, she just up and left. She didn't say anything to me, She didn't explain why. She just left me and our son. Declan has been wondering why his mother didn't want him or love him. I always tell him that things were just complicated, and he just accepts it. I was only 16 when he was born. I didn't even know why she didn't want him or love him." Ian explained. Police sirens were in the near distance, and Ian took that time to hold Emily at gunpoint and walk away with her. 

"Looks like our time is up here. Nice meeting you." Ian said while walking away with Emily. His car was nearby, so they were gone within seconds. JJ didn't even process what just happened until after the police arrived. 

"He took her!" JJ said frantically as she realized what had happened. 

"Ma'am, we need you to calm down." the officer said. 

"Calm down?! My girlfriend was kidnapped by her psycho ex, and you just want me to calm down?! I need to find her!" JJ shouted, freaking out. 

"I understand that, but we need you to calm down and tell us exactly what happened." he said. 

"I know what I need to do. I'm one of you! But I need to find my girlfriend!" JJ shouted frantically. 

"What's your name?" he asked. 

"JJ." she answered. 

"What's five things you can see?" the officer asked. 

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?! Focus on the case and find my girlfriend!" JJ shouted yet again. 

"Five things." he said. 

"I don't know. Your badge, the squad car, a giant building, a puppy dog, the street." JJ answered. 

"Four things you can touch." he said. 

"Why-"

"Four things." he said, interrupting JJ. 

"The ground, your arm that I'm not going to touch because that's weird, this lamp post, the outside wall of this building." JJ said. 

"Three things you can hear." he continued. 

"Sirens, traffic, a puppy barking." JJ answered. 

"Two things you can smell." 

"Pizza and exhaust from cars." JJ said, finally calming down.

"One thing you can taste." 

"What I had for lunch." JJ said. 

"Good. Now can you tell me what happened?" he asked. 

"We were at lunch. We came out here, two gunshots were fired, and someone from my girlfriend's past came up to us holding the gun. They were talking, and once he heard the sirens he fled with her." JJ said. 

"What's her name and his name?" he asked. 

"Her name is Emily Prentiss. His name is Ian. I don't know his last name." JJ answered. 

"Wait. Emily Prentiss as in the bull rider Emily Prentiss?" he asked. 

"Yes." JJ said, getting a little annoyed. 

"Girl, you are so lucky to be dating her!" he said. 

"Yeah I know." JJ said. The officer wrote down her statement and let her go. JJ immediately called Hotch because she knew Emily didn't mean her team at the police station. 

"JJ! I didn't-"

"I need your help. It's Emily. She's been kidnapped by her psycho ex-boyfriend." JJ said. 

"Is he dangerous?" Hotch asked. 

"I don't know. I'm assuming he is considering Emily called me by the nickname we came up with if we are in danger." JJ said. 

"Okay. I'll tell the rest, and we will be on our way." Hotch told her. JJ hung up the phone and went back to her house. Luckily she had Nala and Sergio to comfort her because otherwise she would've lost it.

A/N

Hey guys! I'm so so sorry that it's take FOREVER for me to update! I've just been so busy with school and work! I know this chapter sucks and is boring as crap, but I hope you like it!