Chapter 36

"We finally get to go home!" Emily said excitedly to Daviana. It was a week later, and it also was the day before Halloween. Emily didn't want to take Daviana Trick Or Treating since she's just getting out of the hospital, and it was also a little chilly in Dallas. It didn't compare to Virginia and how cold it could get there, but with it being normally in the 80's or 90's it was chilly since the temperature was 67 degrees. 

"Mom are you ready?!" Emily heard Declan ask excitedly. 

"Yes, peanut. I'm just gathering the last of our things, and I will be good to go." Emily said with a little chuckle. 

"Can I go Trick Or Treating tonight?" he asked as he grabbed a bag from Emily's hand. 

"I could've carried that. And I don't know. Aren't you a little old to be Trick Or Treating?" Emily asked. 

"I know, but you're holding Daviana, and I don't want you to drop her. And probably, but I could be out doing drugs and partying." he said. 

"I wouldn't have dropped her. And I guess you have a point. Do you have a costume?" Emily asked. 

"JJ's letting me use her vest so I can be an FBI agent!" Declan said. He was excited to be an agent. What Emily didn't know is that it was his dream job. 

"Okay. I can't let you go by yourself. Do you mind if JJ goes with you? It's too cold for your sister right now." Emily asked him. 

"Of course she can! Plus it gives me time to actually get to know her." he said. 

"Do mind taking him, Jayje?" Emily asked JJ. 

"Not at all. Do you want me to make something to eat when we get back?" JJ asked. 

"I can't ask you to do that. I can make something." Emily said. 

"Can we all make something together? I heard that it's a great way for families to bond." Declan said. Emily and JJ almost cried when he said 'family' because they're not used to the term. 

"I don't see why we couldn't. Is there anything specific you would like to make?" Emily asked. 

"Is pizza okay?" he asked. 

"Sure! While you guys are out, I guess Davi and I could run to the store real quick and get some ingredients." Emily said. 

"What's your favorite toppings?" JJ asked. 

"I like pepperoni, cheese, onion, bacon, and green peppers." he answered. 

"Okay. Well, I guess we should get going so you can get changed into your costume." Emily said. It was 3:30, and Trick Or Treating started at 4:00. They went out to both JJ and Emily's cars. Once Emily had Daviana settled into the car seat base, Declan got in, and JJ kissed Emily before heading to her car. 

"PDA!" Declan said in a loud voice. Emily and JJ giggled and looked at him. He had his eyes covered with his hands. 

"I'll see you at home." JJ said. 

"I love you." Emily said. 

"I love you too." JJ said. JJ went to her car and followed Emily to their house. They got out of their cars, but JJ had stopped Emily and Declan. "I want you guys to put these on before we go in." JJ said, handing them blindfolds. 

"Um, just to inform you, I'm very clumsy with my eyesight. So I'm doomed with you taking it away." Declan said. JJ and Emily started laughing. 

"Well you can blame your mom for that." JJ said, still laughing. Declan started laughing with them. "It's okay. I'm going to guide you both, and I will be taking Daviana." JJ said, taking Daviana from Emily. They put their blindfolds on, and JJ gave them their next instructions. "Emily, I want you to take hold of my shoulders, and Declan take hold of your mothers." JJ said. They did as told. JJ lead inside and up the stairs. The first stop was Declan's room. 

Something's Gotta Give (Jemily)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें