Chapter 22

When JJ and Emily got back to Dallas, JJ wanted to go ring shopping right away. "Come on babe. How about this. We go in at different times and don't show each other until the time is right." JJ said. 

"Fine. I guess I can do that." Emily said. She initially didn't want to go ring shopping because she didn't want JJ to see the ring she picked out. She had a special way of proposing to JJ even though JJ already did propose. But she wanted JJ to have that special moment too. 

JJ drove to the nearest jeweler, and since JJ was the first to propose, Emily allowed her to go in first. It took her nearly 20 minutes before she found the perfect ring for Emily. She walked out with the biggest smile on her face. "Did you find the one?" Emily asked. 

"Yeah. It's perfect." JJ said. JJ gave Emily a kiss before she went in. Emily browsed around until she saw it. She found the absolute perfect ring for JJ. She got the ring in JJ's size and paid for it in full. It wasn't very cheap, but to Emily, JJ was worth every penny. When she walked out, she saw JJ leaning up against the car. She was minding her own business and didn't see Emily walk out. Seeing her stand there with the breeze blowing through her hair, it was like the first time Emily saw her. She absolutely took her breath away, and Emily knew that the night had to be special in every way. 

"Hey! Did you find the perfect ring?" JJ asked the same question. 

"I did. It's perfect." Emily said. JJ gave her a kiss before they got in the car. Emily ended up texting TK, Taneisha, and Jessica asking them to go out and buy her and JJ outfits for the night. She gave them instructions as to what to get, what color, and what sizes. She told them that she would give them her credit card and that they could also buy themselves some food and drinks. She also reminded them that she could see every transaction they made and that JJ is an officer and former FBI agent. 

"I had Garcia drop off Sergio at the house. He was staying with her since he would've been alone most of the time." JJ informed Emily. 

"Okay. I'm sure she spoiled him." Emily said with a chuckle.

"Oh trust me. She did." JJ said, laughing a little. "She got him a king crown along with a castle cat tree, lots of toys with catnip, treats, food. Basically if you name it she probably got it for him." JJ said. 

"Where did she find room for a cat tree?" Emily asked. 

"It's in the corner of the living room where nothing is." JJ answered. 

"Gotcha." Emily said. She couldn't wait to see her buddy. When they got to their house, they saw some of JJ's coworkers, the team, and Emily's friends/coworkers standing at the front door with 'Welcome home' banners and balloons. They pulled into the driveway and got out of the car. They rushed over to them and started to give them hugs. JJ didn't want to hug the team at the moment, but she didn't want to seem rude in front of the others. JJ sneakily handed Brooklyn the ring box that had Emily's ring in it and told her to attach it to Sergio's collar or harness. Brooklyn looked at JJ with a shocked face but followed orders. Emily sneakily handed TK her card and reminded him of what she said earlier. 

Everyone didn't stay too long because they knew that they would be tired and socially exhausted. So they left and did what they had to do next. Emily, JJ, and Nala went inside, and Sergio ran up to Emily with the ring box attached to his harness. Emily bent down and picked him up as well as removing the box. She opened it and was speechless. "You are mysterious and unique. You are absolutely stunning, and I never would've thought that I would be the one that you choose. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on, and I never would've thought that I would end up with you. I never even imagined myself marrying a woman. It was always a man. Then I met you, and that all changed. You are the love of my life, my light in this world, my missing puzzle piece, my entire world. You are my soulmate, and I can't see my life without you. Even though I already asked, Emily Monroe Prentiss, will you marry me?" JJ asked, getting down on one knee.