Chapter 45

"Have you guys set a date for your wedding?" Garcia asked JJ over the phone. 

"Yeah. It's June 23. The theme of the wedding is Hallmark." JJ answered her. 

"Ahh! I'm so happy you went with my idea! I just think your guys' love story is like a Hallmark movie. Nothing ever broke you guys up. Seriously." Garcia said. 

"Yeah. Maybe a crazy and messed up Hallmark movie. But we liked the idea." JJ said. 

~Five months later- May, 2022~

"Mom, I know that I've been really stressful lately, but I really need you to listen to my final project for my music composition class (a/n song attached). I've spent countless hours away from you just to work on it, so I hope you like it." Declan said. Emily knew that he wanted this project to be perfect because he got a B on his midterm project. He didn't take that too well, so that's why he spent so much time on this one. 

"Peanut, it's okay that you were a pain. But I understand. You were under a lot of stress." Emily said. JJ was working, so it was just Emily who would be able to listen to it before  he turned it in. Declan played her the video since they had to record a video for the song they chose to do an arrangement of as well as play one of the parts. Declan played the piano part, and Emily couldn't believe how much he's improved just by taking piano classes. "This is amazing! It really sounds like a song for the trailer of a Christmas movie. I think you're going to ace this assignment." Emily said. 

The next day, Declan turned in his project, and he did, in fact, ace it. The teacher was so impressed by it. When Declan got home that day, he was so excited and happy. "Well? How did it go?" Emily asked. Since it was the last day of school, the teacher graded the assignment using a paper form of a rubric. He wrote down the notes and gave them their final grade on it. 

"I got an A!" Declan said excitedly. 

"That's awesome! I knew you would!" Emily said, giving him a hug. Daviana caught on to the excitement and started cheering. 

~23 June 2022~

It was the day of JJ and Emily's wedding, and everyone couldn't be happier. They were having it in Fairfax, VA since that's where they met. Their families, friends, and some coworkers were there, and they just couldn't wait to become Mrs. and Mrs. The church transformed into a church from a Hallmark movie, and the guests could tell that they went all out. They had Daviana as the flower girl. Since she just started to learn to walk, they had Carina carry her down the aisle. Declan and Elizabeth walked Emily down the aisle. Garcia, Carina, Maya, Brooklyn, and Matthew were bridesmaids for JJ while TK, Taniesha, Jessica, Michaela, and Giselle were Emily's bridesmaids. Nala and Sergio were the ring bearers. Spencer became a certified ordained minister just so he could be the one to conduct the ceremony. Everything was going beautifully. JJ and Emily were in tears since their emotions were getting the best of them. 

"You look absolutely stunning." JJ whispered to Emily. 

"As so you." Emily whispered back. 

"I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss your bride." Spencer said. When JJ and Emily finally kissed, the crowd erupted into cheers. But that was all interrupted by gunshots being fired. Everyone got down on the ground, and it was bringing back painful memories for Emily when Ian kidnapped her. 

"Everyone out besides the wedding party!" the shooter yelled. Emily recognized the voice, but she couldn't place who it was. The guests fled out of the sanctuary, leaving just the wedding party and Spencer. "So, Emily, I see you've decided to go to the other side." he said. 

"I don't even know who you are!" Emily shouted. Everyone was crying at this point from panicking. 

"Oh yes you do." he said. He took off his mask and revealed Sylvie's father.

"Asher?" Emily whispered softly. 

"Remember me now? What I don't get is why you can't have my baby, but you can have Ian Doyle's babies? We could have been a family!" he shouted. Everyone was about to find out her past. 

"You took advantage of me! You raped me! And you just expect me to have the child after such a traumatic event?! Yes, I got pregnant with Declan a few months after I aborted Sylvie, but I couldn't go through another abortion! And Ian may have raped me, and I ended up pregnant with Daviana. But again, I couldn't go through an abortion again. I'm sorry that I didn't keep Sylvie, and I regret my decision everyday. But we can't go back and change that." Emily explained. 

"That's not good enough." he said, aiming his gun right at Emily. "Any last words?" he asked. 

"Please don't shoot her!" JJ said hysterically. 

"Listen, bitch. This slut deserves what she did to our child!" he shouted. 

"I love you, JJ." Emily said, tears streaming down her face. Right after she said that, a gunshot sounded through the sanctuary and blood spattered on everyone.

A/N

Hey guys! I promise that it leads into the next story. Don't hate me! I know, I know. But I'm working on the next one! I hope you like this chapter!