Chapter 42 (Rated M)

**A/N- This will be a mature chapter. Read at your own risk!**

"Must we go over there? I really don't want to after what I've been told about her. Plus I need to work on my many projects." Declan said, complaining about having to spend the weekend at Elizabeth's house. 

"She isn't how she once was. I promise she's changed. This will be a great opportunity for you to get to know her for who she is now." Emily said. 

"Well what about my projects? I won't be able to do them. They require the internet you know. I'm sure she still lives in the dark ages." he said. 

"Declan. She has internet along with cable." Emily said. 

"Whatever. Let's just get this done and over with." he said, not so enthusiastically. 

"You will treat her with respect as she is your grandmother." Emily said sternly. 

"I don't care if she's my grandmother! What she said to you wasn't fair. I just got you back, and you're already leaving me again." he said. That hurt Emily. It was like being stabbed in the heart. 

"You know that I couldn't raise you that young. I wasn't ready." Emily said, tears threatening to fall. 

"If you were old enough to have sex, then you were old enough to raise a child. Maybe you should've aborted me like you did with Sylvie." he said, walking out the door to the car. 

"Declan-" JJ started, but Emily cut her off. 

"Don't Jayje. Maybe he's right. Not about aborting him. But about me raising a child if I was old enough to have sex." Emily said soullessly. She wiped away the tears that have fallen and grabbed JJ's keys. JJ hated seeing Emily so hurt and just agreeing with the negative things. 

They go out JJ's car and get in. Nothing was said on the car ride to Elizabeth's house. Just painful silence. When they got there, they were shocked at how big her house was. Well, more like mansion. Emily hadn't been there, so she had no idea if she downsized or not. Elizabeth was outside waiting for them. Declan got out when Emily parked the car and didn't say a word. Emily got out Daviana and all of her essential things for the weekend. Emily handed Elizabeth a piece of paper that had her routine on it. She made sure Elizabeth understood that her schedule needs to start being strict so she has a habit of being in a routine later on in life. 

"So what are we actually going to do?" Emily asked JJ. 

"Well, I had a few things in mind." JJ said with a little smirk. "Do you mind if I drop you off at home for a little bit? I have to pick up a few things that are a complete surprise to you." JJ asked. 

"Not at all. Should I be worried?" Emily asked. 

"Do you completely trust me?" JJ asked. Emily nodded her head. "Then you have nothing to be worried about." JJ said. Emily nodded her head again, and JJ dropped her off. She went to the store she had ordered Emily's dress and shoes from. She picked them up and went to her next destination. After picking up what she needed there, she headed to the nearest food place, which was Culver's, and got her and Emily something to eat. She knew Emily would be starving. She ordered their food and waited. It was only about five minutes before it was done. She thanked them and walked out to her car. She drove home and handed Emily her food.

"So what are we doing?" Emily asked. 

"That is a surprise my sweets." JJ said, knowing Emily hated surprises as much as she did. She looked at Emily, and she was staring her down with a glare. JJ just chuckled. When time came, JJ told Emily to get ready. She handed her her things and told her that she was going to get ready at Brooklyn's.