Chapter 32

"We're transporting her to the hospital. You can ride along if you want." the paramedic said to JJ. All JJ could do is nod her head. She was at a loss for words. Did Chloe really beat her into submission or threaten her with it? JJ wanted to think differently, but that's what the signs were pointing towards. 

"Emily, did Chloe beat you?" JJ asked. 

"She did it out of love. She would never do it to hurt me or Daviana." Emily said. 

"You're having a girl?" JJ asked. Emily instinctively put her hand against her stomach and smiled. 

"Yeah. Chloe was with me when I found out." Emily said with a smile. That one sentence absolutely devastated JJ. JJ knew they were close to the hospital, so she didn't question Emily any further. She didn't even know if she could anyway. When they got to the hospital, JJ just went straight to the waiting room. She didn't bother to tell Emily that she will be waiter for her because she thought that Emily didn't want her to. She also began to think that Emily lost all of the love she had for her. 

"JJ?! Oh my gosh it's been so long!" JJ heard. She turned around and saw her high school best friend. 

"Hey Maya! How have you been?" JJ asked, giving Maya a hug. 

"Not too bad. So what are you doing back here? I thought you were never coming back?" she asked. 

"Actually my girlfriend was kidnapped by Chloe Donaghy and was brought here. Now she's here in the hospital for some further evaluations." JJ explained very vaguely. 

"No way, Donny? I never thought she would end up being a kidnapper. I actually forgot about her." Maya said. 

"She actually murdered like 11 people before we found Emily, my girlfriend." JJ said. Maya's eyes widened so much that JJ was surprised they didn't fall out. 

"Wow. I guess we never really knew her." Maya said. 

"Yeah. Well getting off that topic, what have you been up to since graduation?" JJ asked. 

"Well I trained and trained and went to the Olympics and won a gold medal. And now I live in Seattle and am a firefighter. I also have a girlfriend whose name is Carina. She's Italian and gorgeous." Maya said. 

"Oh yeah, I remember you being in the Olympics and yelling, 'That's my high school best friend!' every time I saw you on TV. But I'm glad that you've found someone. Hopefully she treats you well. How did your dad take the news?" JJ asked, remembering that her dad strongly hated the LGBTQIA+ community. 

"He wasn't happy. I've actually kinda disowned him but not if that makes any sense." she said. 

"I get it." JJ said. 

"What about you? What have you been up to?" Maya asked. 

"Oh goodness where do I start? Well, I haven't been quite as accomplished as you. After we graduated I went to college. After that I went to the FBI academy and then became an agent for the Behavioral Analysis Unit. Uh, I didn't know that I liked girls until I met Emily after a case. My team and I went with a really creepy detective to the rodeo, and Emily was a bull rider. Um-"

"Emily Prentiss is your girlfriend?! Dammmnnnn girl you really scored with her!" Maya said, causing JJ to chuckle. 

"She's actually my fiance now. But anyway, how our relationship started was she spotted me in the crowd and winked at me. Then she was at the bar we were at, and then she started talking to me. I wasn't convinced I liked her until one night I was making out with my team mate and boyfriend at the time and moaned her name instead of his. But anyway, after her accident she decided to move to Dallas, which was very far away from D.C. So I went with her, and now I'm a K9 officer for Dallas Police Department." JJ said.