Chapter 34

"Please don't hate me." JJ said to Emily after she brought her food from her favorite Chinese restaurant. Emily was discharged from the hospital three days after she gave birth via C-section, but it was only week two of Daviana being there. So Emily decided to stay with Daviana as much as she could in the NICU every day. When she had to go home, she would stay at a hotel that was nearby so she was as close as possible if something were to happen. 

"What did you do?" Emily asked her. 

"I may or may not have had Derek fly out here to help with the nursery." JJ said, rocking back and forth on her heels and toes. Emily knew her look and knew there was much more to it than that. 

"Okay. Do I get to know what it's going to look like? And what else is there?" Emily asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Nope. It's going to be a surprise. And I may or may not have had Garcia contact Declan's guardian and have him flown out here to meet his baby sister." JJ said. 

"You did what?!" Emily asked, raising her voice a little. But not too much so she didn't wake up Daviana. 

"I know, I'm sorry. I should've told you or asked for your permission, but I know you wouldn't have agreed to it. You know, he's really excited to meet her. And his guardian told Garcia that it's all he's been talking about the entire plane ride, and he's excited yet nervous to officially meet you because he thinks you're going to hate him." JJ said. That just broke Emily's heart. 

"Why would he think that I'm going to hate him?" Emily asked. 

"I guess it's because he didn't do or say anything when Ian beat you, so now he thinks that you are just going to disown him." JJ explained. 

"I would never do that." Emily said. 

"I know." JJ said. 

"Hey, do you want to hold Daviana? I just got to hold her today, and I think you should hold her too." Emily said. JJ smiled widely and nodded her head. Emily had Daviana's nurse take her out of the incubator since she was scared to hurt her. The nurse handed her to JJ, and JJ started tearing up. 

"She's so beautiful, Em." JJ said. JJ decided to sit down so that way she felt she had a better hold of Daviana. "She definitely has your hair and nose. Do you think she's going to have your eyes or Ian's?" JJ asked. 

"Probably mine." Emily said. Emily couldn't help but feel so much more in love with JJ because she was a natural with Daviana. 

"What?" JJ asked after realizing that Emily was staring at her. 

"Nothing. Just admiring how much of a natural you are with Davi." Emily said with a smile. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Emily was confused but told the mysterious person to come in. After the door shut, the person walked out from behind the curtain, and it revealed that it was Declan. Emily sat there frozen, and Declan stood there with the same feeling. Neither could move or talk. 

"Mom." Declan said in a hushed voice. Hearing Declan call Emily that, Emily started to tear up and even shed some tears. Finally Emily got up and hugged him. Both of them started crying and even had JJ silently crying. "I'm so sorry, mom! I-I didn't know what-"

"Shh it's okay. It's okay peanut. It isn't your fault. The only one at fault is your father." Emily said, cutting him off. The last time she hugged him was before she left him with Ian when he was a baby. After about a minute of hugging each other, Emily decided to let go of him. "Do you want to meet your sister?" Emily asked. Declan nodded his head excitedly, and so she brought him over to JJ. 

"She's your girlfriend, right?" Declan asked in a hushed voice. 

"She's actually my fiance now. Declan this is JJ. JJ this is Declan." Emily said, introducing them.