Chapter 24

*TW- mentions of su*cide*

JJ woke up before Emily the next morning, so she decided that she would do something nice for her since it seemed like she had a rough day the previous day. So, JJ got out of bed and did her morning routine before heading down to the kitchen. She wanted to make Emily's favorite breakfast, so she got out all of the ingredients to do so. She made Belgian waffles from scratch, added Nutella, powdered sugar, and cheesecake drizzle on top along with a small acai bowl and topped it with different berries, banana slices, and granola. She also made her her favorite latte. When she was done, she placed everything on a tray and brought it up to their room. She came just in time because Emily was just waking up. "Good morning sleeping beauty!" JJ said, placing the tray down on the night stand next to Emily. 

"What is all of this?" Emily asked, obviously confused since she just woke up. 

"Well, you seemed like you were a little bit sad yesterday, so I decided to do something to cheer you up! And don't say you weren't because I know you were. I'm a former profiler." JJ said, even though she only found out by reading her prayer. 

"Damn I hate profilers. But, I'm not one to pass down food. Come sit beside me." Emily said. JJ did so, and Emily passed her her plate, and they began eating the waffles. "These don't taste like they're frozen." Emily said. 

"I had time this morning, so I made them from scratch." JJ explained. 

"Dude for real? Man where were you when my mom was hiring personal chefs?" Emily asked, enjoying the waffles. That made JJ chuckle. 

"Do they taste good? I've never made them before." JJ said. 

"I mean, you're definitely number one for me, but these are second." Emily said. That made JJ blush. They spent an hour eating and talking before they decided to get ready for the day. Emily decided to take a shower while JJ took the dishes down to the kitchen. She was surprised with herself as she was never one to actually cook. 

JJ went back upstairs so she could get changed out of her pajamas. While she was doing so, she could hear Emily singing in the shower to a slow song. She recognized the song as 'Lucy' by Skillet. Emily played that song a lot, but as she was listening to the words, she knew the meaning behind why Emily liked the song so much. When JJ looked up the real meaning behind it, it broke her heart. The lead vocalist had said that it was about a young couple who found out that they were having a baby. They were scared and didn't have any money. They didn't want anyone knowing about the pregnancy, so they decided to have an abortion. After going to a clinic and getting the procedure done, they thought that all of their problems were solved, and no one even had to know. However, as time went on, they started to feel an overwhelming amount of sadness, pain, agony, and guilt that just wouldn't go away. They didn't know what to do, so they decided to see a therapist. The therapist told them to not think of it as having a procedure but having a death in the family. After going home, they decided to hold a funeral for the baby, they bought a little headstone, and they named the baby Lucy. 

'Hey Lucy, I remember your name
I left a dozen roses on your grave today
I'm in the grass on my knees, wipe the leaves away
I just came to talk for a while, got some things I need to say
Now that it's over
I just wanna hold her
I'd give up all the world to see
That little piece of heaven looking back at me
Now that it's over
I just wanna hold her
I've gotta live with the choices I made
And I can't live with myself today
Hey Lucy, I remembered your birthday
They said it'd bring some closure to say your name (To say your name)
I know I'd do it all different if I had the chance (the chance)
But all I got are these roses to give
And they can't help me make amends
Now that it's over
I just wanna hold her
I'd give up all the world to see
That little piece of heaven looking back at me
Now that it's over
I just wanna hold her
I've gotta live with the choices I made
And I can't live with myself today
Here we are, now you're in my arms
I never wanted anything so bad
Here we are for a brand new start
Living the life that we could've had
Me and Lucy walking hand in hand
Me and Lucy never wanna end
Just another moment in your eyes
I'll see you in another life in heaven
Where we never say goodbye
Now that it's over
I just wanna hold her
I'd give up all the world to see
That little piece of heaven looking back at me
Now that it's over
I just wanna hold her
I've gotta live with the choices I made
And I can't live with myself today
Here we are, now you're in my arms
Here we are for a brand new start
I got to live with the choices I've made
And I can't live with myself today
Me and Lucy walking hand in hand (Today)
Me and Lucy never wanna end
I've got to live with the choices I've made
And I can't live with myself
Today
Hey Lucy, I remember your name'