𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

-

C H A P T E R   F O U R T E E N  :

" THE LIBRARIAN'S SECRETS "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  24th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

"LET'S GET STARTED THEN."

The group nodded as they began to gather their things to leave.
  They planned on taking the map with them to return back to the cars in the parking lot and leave, Mike staying behind as he rolled the map into a cylinder.

He couldn't believe they finally found out where Y/N and Hopper were. They were alive, and alone.
  Mike missed Y/N terribly, but this newfound hope now awakened a fiery burst of confidence and eagerness to find his lost love.

He patted the map underneath his arm as he trailed behind the group to leave, turning to face Laura the librarian for a moment. "Thank you so much."

He smiled, but the librarian cast an unsure smile back, as if she wasn't sure of what he was thanking her for.
It gave Mike an odd feeling, but he brushed it off as he opened the library doors to leave.

Laura was left alone in silence as she watched the teenager hop into the car with his group, taking the map along with him. She frowned at the cars drove away and out of the parking lot, fearful that she had done something wrong.

She reluctantly reached for her telephone, punching in a few numbers that were outside of Hawkins jurisdiction, and pressed the phone to her ear to hear the waiting rings.

She pushed her glasses up, cautiously looking outside as if the children would reappear.

"Who is calling?"

There answered the man who many warned her about avoiding.
Yet, this was also the man who threatened that if she received any intel from the group of children or even interacted with them, then she was obligated to call him.

"Yes, this is Marissa Laura Dean, I go by Laura. I was told to call this number if I interacted with the targeted group of children."

Her voice was a bit shaky, knowing that she was nervous and that the man she was trying to reach had ears everywhere in Hawkins, and one wrong move by her would be instantly reported.

"One moment."

The voice on the other end ordered, giving Laura a second to ponder her actions.

She's known these children since they were little, and she knew that they knew Hopper, whom she briefly dated in high school, who also (to her knowledge) died tragically with his daughter a few months ago.

"Miss. Dean?"

Lauren instantly jerked alert to her last name being called, and nodded. "Yes, this is she."