𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

-

C H A P T E R   F I F T E E N  :

" OPEN THE GATE "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  25th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

12:50  A.M

"I'M SAYING THAT WE NEED TO GO THROUGH THE UPSIDE DOWN."

El was left with a room of contemplative silence, no one had any preference to this idea.

However, they knew she was right in the terms of how effective the convenience of it was.
It was like a door that would lead them straight to Russia, only they had no idea how to navigate the other world.

"But how are we even gonna go through the upside down anyways? The gate has been closed for the past couple months."
Murray interjected, earning a pained look from Joyce as she recalled how it was closed.

Joyce recalled the scene that played out in front of her while she struggled to turn the keys to turn off the turbine while Y/N and Hopper stood together by the open gate, their hands clasped together.

Joyce was broken when she found that they were gone after she closed the gate, and she blamed herself for their struggle of survival in Russia.

But now, she has a chance to find and rescue both of them.

"Wait," Dustin thought for a moment. "El could open and close the gate before. Maybe she could open it again!"

Dustin turned to look hopefully to El, who's lips were pursed in a straight line. She knew she couldn't open it again, because her powers have been dormant for the last couple months.

She was nowhere near strong enough, except for the casual levitating of small things or the closing of doors.
  But she was not powerful enough to perform something as extreme as opening or closing the gateway to an alternate dimension.  

Joyce turned to look at Dustin with a knowing look, as if she were trying to silently communicate that El could not perform the task they needed her to do.

But just as Joyce was going to announce the dismissal of the idea, El blurted an answer to Dustin's question. "Yes."

The group turned to look at El after her response, their eyes hopeful.

No one knew that over the course of the past couple months away from Hawkins, Eleven's powers have been dormant with the exception of few levitations.
So no one knew to doubt El when she said she could open the gate.

"Wait, you can? You can open the gate again?" Mike took a double check seeming skeptical himself, but El smiled thinly.

"Yes." She stated, earning a skeptical look from Joyce, Jonathan, and Will because they knew she couldn't. "Yes, I can open the gate again."