𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

-

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E  :

" THE DISCOVERY "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

・ 。゚  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  24th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

"ALRIGHT. LET'S FIND OUT WHERE HOPPER AND MY BEST FRIEND ARE."

Mike declared strongly, both his palms against the table.
He flipped open the book while Steve opened up the Russian Geography book himself, and the group began their research.

It was a furious race to find the answers Mike and the group so desperately wanted, and Mike's adrenaline seemed to skyrocket at every possible location.

He flipped through the pages with intense thought, skimming through all the possibilities like the rest of the group was doing with other books.
  Steve flipped through the Russian Atlas, but no one had any luck, and it was extremely discouraging to everyone.

Why did it have to be so difficult? Couldn't they catch a break for once?

"Why is it so hard to find..?" Max murmured to herself while she flipped through another Atlas book with El, saying exactly what the entire group was thinking too.

Although the party didn't want to admit it, but their hope was being challenged.
Their faith was being stretched by the minute, and they needed a win—and soon.

Mike needed a win most of all.

It wasn't until Mike processed what Max had said, that he began to understand it all.

If Y/N and Hopper were so adamant about sending a message in code, perhaps they were in a dangerous location at risk of being infiltrated.

If wherever Y/N and Hopper were was that far away from Hawkins, then perhaps it was meant to be that way..

Unless..—

"They don't want to be found!" Mike blurted, his mind deciding that it made more sense in the security of his thoughts.

"What?" Joyce muttered, not really understanding completely on what's going on.

"Look, no ones been able to find anything right?" Mike began, slamming his book closed because of its unwanted specificity, "So maybe, wherever Y/N and Hopper are being held, it has something to do with the Russians, so it's top secret!"

"Mike, nothing you're saying is making any sense." Lucas squinted his eyes, placing his hands to his face in an attempt to understand.

"Come on, Lucas! We can't find them with these basic altas and geography books because their location is too small to even make into these book." Mike was desperate to help make the group understand his logic that seemed perfect in his own mind.