𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

-

C H A P T E R  S E V E N  :

" CODE STARCOURT "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

・ 。゚  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  24th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

"WE NEED to talk."

It was those four words that earned Joyce the attention of the party, only consisting of the 5 kids currently present.

Joyce gave Murray a 'How do I start?' look, and he merely shrugged with an equally hesitant facial expression.
  Joyce was afraid that the kids would react to this newfound information in one of two ways.

They could either flip their lids and become angered at Joyce that she closed the gate while they escaped, technically placing the blame for their disappearance on her.
Or, they could be appreciative of the newfound hope that she and Murray uncovered.

"Well, um..you might want to sit down for this."

It was in a confused buzz that the kids found their ways to a seat anywhere at that moment, with Jonathan standing the side—all of them watching intently with blinking eyes as they waited for Joyce to muster up a way to present this information.
She fidgeted with her hands, biting her lip as she usually did when she pondered something.

"Well, uh..the other night, I got this call from Murray. H-he said that he got this weird signal from somewhere—a-and it kept getting static, l-like it was coming from place really far away from here," Joyce's eyes lit up with the same curiosity and determination as usual as she gestured with confident hand movements.

The kids watched intently—they recognized the look on Joyce's face.
  It was one they knew all too well.

"..and then the phone rang, and we heard this weird message, w-which I wrote down. Here. "
  Joyce quickly and shakily unfolded the crumpled note in her hand before handing it over to Mike on sofa.

"Through gate—Kamchatka, Russia ? What's that supposed to mean?"
Mike scrunched his face with confusion before looking up at Joyce, watching the kids all loom over the note in Mike's hand all at once.

"Weird, right? We both thought 'what the hell is this supposed to mean?' But then we thought, 'wait that's weird, only me and Hopper know Murray's phone number."
Joyce paused to take a breath, watching as Mike's face stared at his feet while he pondered a certain possibility.

He was thinking the same thing Joyce thought.

"So, who could've sent this message?"
Lucas spoke up, a clear look of confusion on his face.

"Y/N, .."
Mike whispered to himself, his eyes widening as he stared at the carpet below his feet as he thought deeply.

"What?"
Max asked as the party all turned their attention to Mike, unsure if they heard him correctly.