𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - E I G H T

"THE TELEKINETIC WAVE"

OVER 3000 WORDS!

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆ ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  25th , 1986 |

| D E C E M B E R 25th , 1986 |

t h e  u p s i d e  d o w n

Y/N AND HOPPER FINALLY PULLED away from the comforting hug they found themselves in, standing up to their feet.

Hopper offered his hand to help Joyce to her feet, her larger more serious wounds on her stomach and thigh were still a bit tender.
They weren't fully healed and still caused some pain, but they were healed enough to save Joyce's life.

Once Joyce finally stood to her feet, she was a bit shaky on her balance before she felt Hopper's comforting hand on her shoulder to help steady her.
She looked up at his hand that was placed atop her shoulder, her eyes trailing up his arm to see his concerned face with slightly parted lips.

She then turned to look at Y/N, her eyes already glistening with happy tears at the sight of Joyce in front of her. She's waited so long to see her.

Joyce pursed her lips in a smile, her eyes softening at the sight of the girl she considers as her own child in a sense. She took a few uneven steps toward's Y/N, Hopper's hand helping her reach her.

Joyce reached both her hands to cup either sides of Y/N's face gently, her breathing now threatening to shutter with each round of tears she felt coming. She just couldn't believe she was actually here.

Joyce felt so awful seeing how exhausted Y/N looked. She looked so different, so much more mature.

She's grown up so fast in the span of a few months.

Her hair was cut shorter to hover just above her shoulders, her face was dirtied with sweat and a thin layer of grime from dirt.

Y/N eyes had this foreign look that was just so emotionally tired and scarred, that no child should ever have. She was different. She had gone through a lot over these past few months.

But ultimately she was alive, and she was here.

Joyce breathed a chuckle, Y/N returning her soft smile before Joyce exhaled, "Oh thank god.."