The Wedding Date | 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭

——
1/5
5 Part Series
of Mike & Y/N's
life together after
the book's epilogue :)
——

surprise surprise, look who's hereee!!
i just think that the fluff between mike & y/n in this one-shot is just—

7 months later..

| S E P T E M B E R , 1988 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

ONE-SHOT #1
The Wedding Date

"God, is it stuffy in here? I feel like I can't breathe, goddamn

"God, is it stuffy in here? I feel like I can't breathe, goddamn."

Hopper tugged at the collar of his suit, his undone cufflinks and loose tie evidence that he was too nervous to even notice that he wasn't ready yet. Y/N chuckled at her dad's jitteriness, reminding her of the night her dad planned on proposing to Joyce almost six months ago.

Now, seven months worth of planning-filled-with-stress later, today is the day Jim is finally going to marry Joyce.

"Dad, you're fine," Y/N chuckled, reaching up to do his tie. "It's normal to be nervous, you know."

Her father winced, looking around him as they stood in his room as Y/N helped him get ready.

Jim and Joyce had decided on a small, secluded wedding. Something just for the two of them and the people they love and care about surrounding them on the long awaited day. They planned on having the ceremony on the dock at the lake by the cabin, where Y/N and Hopper loved to fish together.

And the place where Y/N got control over the mind flayer in her head. When she technically became the mind flayer itself, sharing its conscience.
Speaking of which, she finally told Hopper about her now shared conscience with the mind flayer, but only him, Joyce, Mike and Will knew because they were the only ones that would understand her. She's finally got control of her life again, and she's never been happier than she was now.

"Everything is ready, right? Everything is good to go?" Hopper asked his daughter worriedly, adjusting his cuffs as Y/N finished tying his tie for him. "Joyce is okay? How is she?"

She nodded, "Yeah, Joyce is almost done getting ready at Mike's house with Karen." She smiled at her dad's blush at the mention of his bride-to-be. "Everyone else else is ready and waiting at the dock. All you have to do is make it to your own wedding on time."

Hopper chuckled nervously, shaking his head as he shooed her away. "Yeah, yeah. Now you go get ready, I'm good."

"Okay, I'll be right back," She smiled, hands smoothing out her dad's tie. "And since you've been nervous, go over your vows again, I put them on your nightstand."