𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

C H A P T E R O N E :

" THE DEATH OF THE HOPPERS "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

・ 。゚  ・ 。゚

| J U L Y 4th, 1986 |

JOYCE CLOSED her eyes, her eyelids clenched with a sense of fear of seeing the two people she loved perish and disintegrate into ashes from the laser's electricity.
She turned the keys with a twist of her wrist, hearing the large turbine shutter to a halt, the laser's light and power dimmed before Joyce finally opened her eyes—seeing no remains of Hopper nor Y/N.

She felt a tear slip down her cheek, knowing that it was too good to be true that her old feelings from high school arose for Hopper all over again—only to have her heart once again, be ripped out of her chest, was too much.
"Joyce!"
The faint shouts of her name surfaced over the ringing of her ears, not able to see or hear anything besides the overwhelming grief that washed over her body as she stared at the spot on the ramp where Hopper and Y/N once stood.

Joyce was roughly shaken out of her blurred thoughts by two broad hands on her shoulders, violently quaking her back to reality.
The broad hands turned her around to face them, making Joyce look up with teary eyes to see Murray.

"Where's Hopper?"
His words came out in a rushed and hurried tone, making Joyce feel the tears prick her eyes all over again.
Her pained silence wasn't enough.

"What about Y/N?"
Murray pressed on, continuing to violently shake Joyce to try and get her to answer him, but her gaze was blank and pained.

Murray's voice was barely audible through the ringing in Joyce's ears.

"Where are they?!"

Her boots crunched the thick blackened leaves beneath her feet as she walked along the oozed trees, wincing as she knew she was breathing in all the flakes floating around in the air.

The air was bitter and cold, this place should be almost uninhabitable to any living thing.

She held the logs of wood in her arms, her breathing was unsteady as she trekked through the dark forest, her lips quivering with a mixture of fear and coldness.