𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

-

C H A P T E R  F I V E  :

" THE BABYSITTER'S CLUB "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

・ 。゚  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  23th, 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

IT WAS a bustling evening in the Wheeler household as they prepared for the Byers' arrival in the following morning —fixing up the bathrooms and cleaning up the living room and such.

Mike was of little help, having not been himself at all for the past few months of separation of the party.
  He missed Y/N dearly, and his only motivation to get out of bed every morning was the note from her that sat on his nightstand.

Lucas, Dustin, and Max would come over at times to hang out, and Mike would engage, but his smile wasn't true.

His smile wasn't as bright as it could've been if Y/N were there with him..

He was still grieving—mourning. However, he was still in the denial stage.
  There was a small, small speck of hope still left deep inside him which wouldn't and couldn't let him believe that Y/N was dead.

Although his mother wouldn't like to admit it, but he was, in most aspects, depressed.
He's been going to therapy for his anxiety, PTSD, and depression that was all due to the events of Starcourt a few months prior.

This last encounter with the Mind Flayer was the worst out of the other times because this time, he lost.

Mike took all the events harder than the some of the party for the simple fact that he lost a person he cared deeply for.

He lost.

' You never realize how much you love someone until you lose them' , he would often think to himself.

"Mike ! The basement needs to be cleaned up already because the Byers are going to be here first thing in the morning !"
Karen shouted down the basements steps as her booming voice carried down to Mike who was sitting down on the couch, staring at the table in which him, Y/N, Will, Dustin, and Lucas used to all play D&D together years ago.