𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

-

C H A P T E R   N I N E T E E N 

" JUST ONE TOUCH "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

| D E C E M B E R  25th , 1986 |

H a w k i n s , I n d i a n a

"OKAY, EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE GETTING?"

Mike asked the small group of older teens after going over the plan to acquire the needed items before they go to the Starcourt gate.

"Yeah, we go to the lab with you guys in Starcourt for the hazmat suits." Jonathan answered for him and Nancy, everyone stood and was ready to go.

"We'll need oxygen tanks too, that way we can stay in the upside down longer if we need to." Dustin added, checking the batteries in his walkies before shoving them into his bag.

"And some weapons for protection in case some things slip through the gate while we're on the outside." Will mentioned.

Mike nodded, looking over to Joyce and Murray to be sure they understood where this entire plan was heading.
Joyce understood, and she knew that she would have to be one of the people to enter through the gate, because there was no way she was going to let any of the kids go through.

"Alright," Mike started, "Let's get going then, come on."

It was finally time.
It was time to see Y/N and Hopper again. It was time to see Y/N again.

The car ride in the stillness of the dark before the light seemed to drag on for years as Mike, Joyce, Murray, Billy, and the kids drove to the mall in bustling conversation.

They only had one shot. One way ticket.

Mike was spending this time to get himself out of his head, knowing that he would be going against Y/N's wishes in doing what he planned.

They arrived at the mall, all locked and shut out with chains to keep trespassers out, as well as signs like, 'WHAT MORE ARE THEY HIDING?'

Every since the battle a couple months ago, the public never forgot about it. They never forgot about the mind flayer's physical body made up of human flesh. They never forgot about the government cover ups.