𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

C H A P T E R T W O :

" THE PHONE CALL "

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆ ・ 。゚

・ 。゚ ⋆✩⋆  ・ 。゚

・ 。゚ ・ 。゚

| N O V E M B E R 22nd, 1986 |

K a m c h a t k a , R u s s i a

"Sir, they are ready to enter the gate."
The only man who could speak English in the lab besides the highest Dr. told his boss, anxious for his response as his Russian comrades stood in hazmats suits at the gate to the other dimension, awaiting their next order.

"Tell them to enter the gate."
  The man of high prestige answered, he was of high rank as he ordered many men around as he stood in his lab coat clicking a pen in his hand—his white hair shimmered dully under the lights of the underground lab facility in which they were drilling a hole into the gate.

  They were successful this time around, no thanks to Dr. Alexei's semi-decent attempt at opening the gate just 5 months prior.

The man of high rank observed his workers while he stood in the safety of the control room, admiring how well his plans had gone through with all his work being put into it for the past 3 years since he left his previous lab.

His previous lab and experiments were compromised due to many complications regarding his test subjects and children and two adults, yet he didn't want to give up his efforts just yet.
  So when that tall, grimy, monster pounced on him in the hallway of that middle school 5 years ago, he survived due to his other men shooting the alien-like monster off him before it attacked the same men.

When the children that caused him complications ran off down the middle school hallway—carrying his most prized experimental child, he was furious.
  He was left to die alone on the floor of that middle school, but not before he dragged himself to the nearest exit, leaving a blood trail from his wounds that led back to the government cars parked outside, and painfully drove himself away to the hospital.

  "Dr. Brenner?"
The lab assistant interrupted his thoughts as the clicking of his pen became more aggressive from remembering his most valued experiment slipping though his fingers.
He noticed that little time had passed since the hazmat suited men entered the gate, and his attention was snapped to the assistant that just spoke to him.