Chapter 13 - Back to normality

Grace P.O.V.

The end of Christmas break was fast approaching and I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to going back to Hogwarts. Not that I didn't like the school or miss my friends, I'd miss sleeping in Draco's arms every night and worshiping each other bodies. I will be all the way up in Ravenclaw Tower and he'll be all the way down in the dungeons.

There were many meetings held at Malfoy manor over the last few days. I made sure I kept to myself and out of the way. I could hear a familiar voice one day, it belonged to one of my torturers. The became apparent when I heard Narcissa shout "Draco, no!" Followed by a lot of disruption and Draco returning to our room rubbing his knuckles with a satisfied look on his face. 

The remaining days passed by quickly and it was time to say goodbye to Malfoy manor and Narcissa. I barely saw anything of Lucius, I get the distinct impression he doesn't like me much. I presented Narcissa with a large bunch of flowers as a thank you, my mother would have killed me if I didn't! We hugged and she said into our embrace, "Promise me you will look after him. Don't let him push you away Grace, you're the best thing that's ever happened to him." She smiled as she let me go. Draco and I boarded the train and after it set off we kissed and went to find our friends separately. 

I found the compartment all my Ravenclaw friends were in. The all grinned as I opened the door and slides in. It was just us girls. "So, How was your break?" Padma asked. 

"Never mind that. I want to know what Malfoy got you for Christmas!" Lisa interrupted excitedly. I showed them all my ring and they were all in love with it as much as I was.

"Maybe he does have a soft side!" Cho said leaning back in her seat smiling and raising her eyebrows. 

"So, did you sleep with him?" Lucas asked. We all jumped at his voice, we didn't even hear the door open. He stood there staring at me as if he was expecting me to answer. I just scoffed and looked out the window. 

"You fucking did, didn't you!" He exclaimed. I turned around to glare at him and bite back with my response but I was bested to it. 

"I don't see how that is any of your business Mudblood." Draco spat at him, eyeing him up and down. "Now if you don't mind just accepting the fact that you will never be good enough for her, and kindly toddle off to whichever sad Little Rock you came out from, that would be perfect." Draco was staring at Lucas intensely as if silently challenging him to start a fight with him. Lucas look back to me, then again at Draco and stormed off down the train, Draco smirking after him. "Sorry to interrupt, may I borrow Grace?" He asked, actually quite politely for Draco. I stood up and took his outstretched hand and waved bye to the girls. 

Draco led us to an empty compartment and we went inside and closed the door. I sat down and he sat next to me putting his arm around me, pulling me in close to him. "Sorry Grace, I just couldn't help myself. When I heard how he was speaking to you..." Draco trailed off making a fist tightly so his knuckles on his hand in his lap were going white. He had a look of anger on his face and was staring at the wall opposite us. "I will never let anyone hurt you again." He said through clenched teeth. I have a feeling that we were referring to a totally different situation than Lucas asking if I had slept with Draco. 

We spent the whole train ride cuddling and kissing in our compartment, making the last few moments we had together, just the two of us, count. We arrived back at Hogwarts faster than I liked. We rode in a carriage together with the girls, which shocked both me and them. Although he didn't say anything the whole ride, he sat and held my hand, the gesture of just being there with my friends and I made my heart smile. We walked through the doors and it was time for us to part. "You'd think that we would never be seeing each other again after tonight." I joked to Draco. I hated saying bye to him. He let out a chuckle and pulled me into a deep hug. He let go of my ever so slightly and leant down and kissed me gently on the lips. 

"That, will do." I heard a voice drawl from beside us. It was Snape. I blushed and looked at the floor as Draco released me from our embrace. "Do we not have dormitories to go to?" He said eyeing Draco and I suspiciously. 

"Of course, Professor." Draco sneered at him, emphasising the word Professor. "I'll see you for breakfast." Draco said and kissed me on the cheek. He made his was to the dungeons followed by Snape who was hot on his heels.i shrugged the weird atmosphere it left and made my way up to the common room. 

Draco's P.O.V. 

I could hear Snape right behind me. He grabbed my arm and shoved me into the wall pinning me against it. "That girl will get hurt. You need to get rid of her Draco. There is only one way it will end." He warned me.

"Nothing will ever happen to her, I'll ,are sure of that." I snapped back. 

"Don't be a fool Draco. Don't let your emotions get the better of you. You know full well what will happen as soon as the Dark Lord finds out this is why you are failing your task." He whispered pointedly at me. "Get rid of her Draco, don't let another innocent life be taken recklessly." He had a look in his eye that made me think something similar had happened to him once, that someone he loved was killed. 

I shrugged free of his grip and carried on towards the common room. There is no way I could let Grace go. But what Snape has said is right, she's a target as long as she's with me.