Chapter 32

"On your way out, please leave the papers on my desk. I will review them and give each one of you a grade for your work. If you don't like the grade, you should've worked harder. Lecture dismissed." the professor yelled, so we would hear him through the lecture hall.

As soon as the words 'lecture dismissed' left his mouth, everyone started scrambling from their seats and gathering their things, not wanting to leave them forgotten on the desks.

Other students rushed down the steps, wanting to get out of the hall as quickly as possible, leaving their papers on the professor's desk on the way, just to come to a halt in front of the double door as thirty people couldn't exit all at once. I wasn't a part of the ruckus caused in front of the doors. I wasn't rushing to get out. I took my time, not seeing any point in hurrying. I had nowhere to be, after all.

So as the odd one out, once everyone stood up from their seats with a newfound fervor, I remained seated in mine. And just when my row was emptied of all students, did I stand up to do the same.

Putting all my pens and highlighters inside the yellow pouch, I placed it on top of my notebook and started walking down the steps to the professor's desk in front of the front row of seats.

When I approached him, he looked at me skeptically, probably wondering why on earth was I still there instead of jolting out of the room like the rest of his students. Usually, students tried their hardest to get out of the lecture as soon as possible to get to another class or just be home already, not wanting to spend any more of their precious time cooped up inside the hall.

I couldn't blame the older man for looking all quizzical as if the question of 'if I was okay and had nothing better to do' was visibly right on the tip of his tongue. But I felt a little awkward under his gaze, so I sent him a small polite smile, as I neatly put the paper with my name on the pile of others.

And with a courtesy nod toward his curious eyes, I headed for the double door that led right outside, into the brisk wind and warm rays of the morning sun.

Unhooking my sunglasses from behind the collar of my shirt, I put them on to shield my eyes from the sun, and walked down the path to nowhere in particular. I might have had nowhere to get to, but for once, I didn't want to hide underneath my favorite gray blanket and spend my time inside.

I enjoyed being inside, seeing as it was comfortable and there was everything I wanted, and needed, in one space, only a few feet away. But this time, I decided that since I was free, I might as well spend this day outside, seeing how nice the weather was. Then again though, the problem of me not knowing what to do out here alone, arose.

Maybe, if I was lucky enough, I'd get to meet Rosie who was walking the campus as well, trying to get to her classes on time.

"Hey!" an unknown voice called after me, causing me to stop in my tracks and look at the person trailing after me.

Raising my brows in suspicion, I waited patiently until the boy came to a halt in front of me. I let my eyes inspect him, his blonde hair falling in waves, almost reaching his shoulders, striking blue eyes sparkling in the sun, even his sharp jawline and a bright smile.

I couldn't pinpoint a name to his face, but I knew I've seen him before in my photography class. He's been looking at me more nowadays, stealing glances in my direction, probably thinking he was being discreet.

Running his hand through his hair, he gave me a lopsided grin but remained silent, as if waiting for me to speak up. But he was the one to run after me after all, so I wasn't really sure what it was that he was waiting for. I haven't even spoken to him once, nor looked in his direction for longer than a second when I caught him staring.