Chapter 11

Once Jungkook and I were done with our meals, we made our way back to his car. The drive was mostly spent in silence and at some point, Jungkook placed his hand on my thigh, squeezing it every once in a while. As we were nearing the school campus he asked, "Uhm, I was thinking. Maybe you'd want to spend the night at my place?"

Spend the night at his place. We haven't done that in a while. I wanted to go, I missed sleeping next to a warm body, being spooned by his larger figure, waking up to a forehead kiss and soft whispers as the sunlight shone through the curtains. I missed ditching school just to be together, spending our time in bed and later on, going for a stroll on the beach.

Not this time though. This time I was afraid. Scared of what he might do if I said yes. 

I knew he only did it because he was drunk out of his mind and now he was getting back to his usual self, but I couldn't help the fear that was slowly but surely building up inside me. I didn't want to spend the night at his place, no matter how pleasant the date was. But at the same time, I didn't want to reject his offer. Especially now, that he was trying to make amends.

What if he got bored of me if I refused and broke up with me? What if he'd cheat or something? I know they were stupid worst-case scenarios, but I was worried. What could happen if I went, but even worse, what would happen if I didn't.

After thoroughly considering my options, I mustered up the best smile I could, hoping it looked at least somewhat genuine, and nodded my head, "Yeah, I'd love that."

"Sweet," he beamed and squeezed my thigh, drawing circles on it afterward and throughout the whole ride to the Bangtan house.

Once he parked in the garage, he opened the door for me and helped me get out of the car with his arm outstretched. I took his hand gratefully and we made our way inside the house, which was unusually quiet.

On any other occasion, the other boys would run out of whatever room they were currently occupying to see who the house intruder was, but this time, nothing. Not even a question being yelled from the upstairs to ask, if we came in peace. I found it quite odd, so I looked over at Jungkook questioningly.

"What?" he looked at me confused, not understanding what I was getting at. I mean, how could he? I haven't said anything, therefore I opened my mind to clear up the confusion for him.

"Where is everyone?" 

He looked around, as if to check if there was really no one around, and shrugged his shoulders, "Jimin went to his parents' house, I think. Joon said he wanted to take Jin out, so I'm guessing they're still on their date. And as for the others, I have no idea. They're probably in the theater watching something."

I hummed in acknowledgment and let Jungkook lead me through the house, even though I knew my way around by now. We walked through the kitchen, right into the living room, where I saw a passed out Suga on the couch, so I motioned for Jungkook to keep quiet not wanting to disturb the peacefully sleeping boy. 

We tiptoed through the huge open space of the living room, past the sleeping body of the blue-haired boy, and all the way to the staircase. The both of us sighed in relief once we were further away, glad that we didn't wake up Suga, who's way of awakening was quite similar to Jennie's, very grumpy.

Taking one step at a time, we've arrived in the corridor of the second floor of the modern house. Turning to the right we walked towards the door at the far end of the hall where Jungkooks room was. Once we reached it, Jungkook grabbed the doorknob, twisting it to the side, and opened the door to his room, letting me in.

I entered the all familiar bedroom of my boyfriend and I heard the door close as he passed me and made his way to the dresser, while I stood in the middle of the room awkwardly. Looking around, I found out nothing has really changed since the last time I've been here, not that it was that surprising since it was just about a month ago, but still. To my left, there was his kingsized bed, with wooden nightstands at each side and a landscape picture above.