Chapter 9

I groaned in annoyance as the infuriating sound of the iPhone's alarm woke me up from the peaceful slumber I was in just seconds ago. Blindly reaching for the ringing device placed on the nightstand right next to me, instead of shutting it off and dozing back to sleep, I accidentally pushed it off the nightstand causing it to come crashing down on the hardwood floor. I let out an exasperated groan and prayed that my screen didn't crack as I cussed out the whole world for being against me since the early hours of the morning. 

The school day was everything short of fun. I mean, it was better than high school for sure, when it came to the number of classes I had in one day or when I had to get up to actually attend. The other bright side was that I didn't necessarily have to attend every single class, I could just ditch from time to time and no harm would be done.

It was still bothersome though. When I enrolled as a university freshman I was ecstatic. I didn't have to go to school at nine every day and stay in that damn building for six hours at least. Now that I got used to it, it became bothersome and after a while, I started taking it for granted just like any other student did. Certain things never change though, Mondays were still a pain in the ass no matter how many classes I had or when I had to get up.

Usually, I didn't mind Mondays that much since my first class started at eleven, so I could sleep happily until ten, but today was different. Today I was exhausted. And no one other than the blonde girl was at fault. It's not like I could stop texting her last night or anything, nope. It was all her fault and I was going to make her suffer the consequences of her actions by annoying her as much as possible.

Ever since I left the dorm with the number eighty-eight on its door, I've been engrossed in my phone because of the texts that just didn't seem to stop between Rosie and I. She, the ever smart Roseanne Park that couldn't keep her witty comments to herself, and me, the stubborn ass who couldn't admit defeat. We were certainly an interesting pairing.

The whole night was spent in talking about nothing and everything, ranging from what she did after I left to her saying, I would definitely be the one to shit my pants on Halloween night. She was so smug, Rosie and her opinions. Talking to her was definitely entertaining though, even though she was a dumbass.

I remember the last thing she was telling me about, her pet fish Joohwangie.

Joohwang has a different personality than me, he's almost like a dog.

Who's Joohwang?

My pet fish. When I'm at one side of the aquarium he comes over and when I go to the other, he follows. If I call him he comes over too. He says hi whenever I approach his aquarium. it's so cute. He pulls a lot of pranks like a puppy as well. He also has talents, I'm so proud of him. Well, I don't know if he's a he or a she, but I'm assuming he's a male. I might have to call a fish doctor or something, so I know its gender. One of his talents is that when you put your finger in the aquarium, not dipping it in the water may I add, he comes up and jumps out of the water to touch it like a dolphin. Isn't he amazing?!

...you're so fucking weird

Rosie was the biggest weirdo ever, maybe even more than Jisoo, but oh God how cute and funny it was.

Slowly getting out of bed, the covers sliding off of my body, I picked up the ringing phone from the ground and shut the alarm off, thanking whatever forces above that my screen was still intact. I stretched my arms above my head, stifling a groan as I heard the all familiar sound of my back cracking and sighed in satisfaction.

After getting out of bed, I made my way into the unoccupied bathroom and reached for my toothbrush. I squeezed some toothpaste on it and placed it in my mouth, starting off my morning routine. Just as I did so, I heard a dinging sound of a notification on my phone coming from my room. Normally I would just ignore it, but now for some reason, I didn't seem to be able to.. Holding the toothbrush in between my lips, I walked over and grabbed the lit up the device from where it was sitting, on the top of my still messy bed.