Chapter 16

My mood has been cheerful ever since I've woken up in the morning and it hasn't dropped since. The reason for the happiness I felt was the progress I and Hobi have made on the choreo we were working on for a while now. We have finished it last week and we were going to finally dance to the whole thing today for the first time. If we nailed it and preconceive it was done and that no further changes would have to be made, we were going to film it for our joined Youtube channel.

Hobi and I met through Jungkook when we got closer and ever since finding out we were both so in love with dancing, we've decided to work together on choreographies and such. After just a few practices we found out we were a great match and decided to change from more than a few times kind of thing to a routine. Whoever saw us dance said we were amazing and that our art was impressive, so Hobi and I decided to start a youtube channel where we'd post our dance covers. Neither of us expected much from it, but our channel started expanding tremendously ever since the first cover we posted. Now we already had around three million subscribers which were pretty crazy. I couldn't even imagine that many people and the fact that they seemed to enjoy what we loved doing so much, was just mind-blowing.

I was walking towards the studio with a skip to my step as I felt myself get happier and happier as the number of steps it would take to reach the dance studio reduced. Just as I was about to open the double glass door, when I finally reached the building, Hobi swung it open with a huge grin on his face. I could tell he was just as excited as I was, and it felt good knowing that he cared as much as I did.

"Hey!" the brown-haired boy greeted excitedly, wrapping his arms around me as soon as I stepped forward.

"Hi," I chuckled and returned the tight embrace I was held in.

"I'm so excited, I didn't even sleep last night," Hobi beamed and all I could do was smile at the older boy, as I noticed the can of Redbull in his hand. He was always full of energy but energy drinks made him practically bounce when he stopped moving. 

"Yeah, I can tell," I motioned towards the can in his hand, making him laugh.

"You got me. I couldn't help it though, all things considered, and by all things I mean, not even an ounce of sleep last night, it was kind of out of the question not to have one." he said shrugging, "Now, less standing more dancing. C'mon in." 

Walking into the well-lit hallway, I took in the now-familiar surroundings. The grey walls lined with portraits and photos the photography majors were willing to donate so the space of the studio wouldn't be too bleak.

Brown leather couches and small coffee tables were also some things you would find in the small building of the studio, but overall it was pretty minimalistic. But as much as it was minimalistic, it was modern. It just all fell into place, the whole aspect of it. 

The lighting that hung from the ceiling, looking like the ones you have on movie sets, the dimmed ceiling to floor glass windows. Everything about it just screamed cool and professional, but not over the top. It was the perfect dance studio in my opinion. Not too little and not too many things to serve as a distraction from what really had to be done, the dancing.

Once we've reached the glass door to the main studio, I opened it and entered, taking a deep breath in. Not that the room had some weird sort of a smell, it just, I don't know, completed the experience for me. It smelled like hard work mixed with the cold air from the air conditioner. As weird as that might have sounded to other people, it made everything so much more real to me, made me more proud of the work I was putting in. 

I walked towards the wall that wasn't full glass and let the duffel bag on my shoulder slide to the floor. I didn't need much, therefore, it was pretty light considering it had only fresh clothes since I was already in the clothes I was ready to dance to, and some other necessities like shower gel for when Id shower afterward. There wasn't much need for the fresh pair of clothes though, seeing as the dance studio wasn't too far away from the building mine and Jennies room was located in, I just didn't like walking around the campus all sweaty.